PDA

View Full Version : Finally taking control of nightmares

gadguy
05-06-2015, 09:28 AM
I have suffered forever with nightmares...kid to present...broken lamps while fighting in my sleep, even blackened an eye once when I ran into a door fighting a "large Cat". funny now. I have started listening to music I enjoy and makes me happy just before I go to sleep, and have managed to change a bad dream to good. Example last night I was in a house with other people and something was trying to get us, we were barricading ourselves in house...somehow I flipped it around to a party were a woman I know and secretly have a thing for( thats not going anywhere she's married, I don't date married women, keeps ya from getting shot) showed up, apparently unmarried in my dream..we had a great time at party and being a couple. I call it a step in right direction.

av1988
05-06-2015, 09:42 AM
I hope you continue to have better dreams! Ever thought about Hypnosis?

I've been having reoccurring dreams where I wake up during the dream, realize I am dreaming, and remain dreaming for a bit before waking up....

Weirds me out.

gypsylee
05-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Dreams are awesome things.

sae
05-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Music is amazing like that. I would even go so far as to claim Sigur Ros should be a form of therapy.
Have you tried Lucid dreaming techniques? It supposedly works for some people, unfortunately not for me. I imagine that is due in part to the fact every dream I have that isn't a nightmare I am completely omnipresent in some fantastic landscape.

av1988
05-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Music is amazing like that. I would even go so far as to claim Sigur Ros should be a form of therapy.
Have you tried Lucid dreaming techniques? It supposedly works for some people, unfortunately not for me. I imagine that is due in part to the fact every dream I have that isn't a nightmare I am completely omnipresent in some fantastic landscape.

I had a week of horrible nightmares. My girlfriend suggested I relax with a glass of wine before going to sleep. So, I poured a glass of wine, turned on The Office, and then went to sleep. Did the trick :-)