PDA

View Full Version : Hello, just diagnosed yesterday.

payne7291
05-05-2015, 09:16 AM
how was diagnosed yesterday morning with adult attention deficit disorder. And along with that I've got compulsive tendencies, depression, anxiety. I've been prescribed zoloft and straterra. I'm really scared

gypsylee
05-05-2015, 09:47 AM
how was diagnosed yesterday morning with adult attention deficit disorder. And along with that I've got compulsive tendencies, depression, anxiety. I've been prescribed zoloft and straterra. I'm really scared

Hey and welcome :)

It is very scary but you're in good company here.

superchick22684
05-05-2015, 01:22 PM

Welcome to the forum. It can be really scary but there are many people here that are in the same boat as you.

Kuma
05-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Hey payne. Welcome. What scares you? The ADD? The anxiety and depression? The medications?

What is your reaction when stuff scares you? Are you one who folds? Or redoubles your effort to fight back and overcome whatever is scaring you?

payne7291
05-05-2015, 03:35 PM
the medication scares me. I've never been medicated for anything before

Kuma
05-05-2015, 06:15 PM
the medication scares me. I've never been medicated for anything before

It is pretty natural to have some concern about taking meds, and especially psych meds. I guess almost everyone who starts meds has some concerns. I know I did. On the other hand, the meds you have been prescribed have been taken by TONS of people, and are well established. If you have any troubling side effects, tell your doc. You can always go off them if you need to. But probably you won't need to. I'm no doctor, but my guess is there's much more benefit than downside of taking these meds.

payne7291
05-05-2015, 06:31 PM
I started taking them this morning. How soon should i expect to feel to feel different

gypsylee
05-05-2015, 08:17 PM
You'll most likely feel worse for a few weeks unfortunately. Then you should feel better after about 3-6 weeks.

payne7291
05-05-2015, 08:51 PM
I stared feeling weird a few hours after I took the zoloft for the first time time. Could it have take effect that soon

gypsylee
05-06-2015, 03:29 AM
Well it would get into your bloodstream after 20 minutes so yes.