PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety like crazy

Stephj526
05-03-2015, 12:14 AM
I can't seem to get over my anxiety today. The other day I was so sick to my stomach, and had a low grade fever. Stomach issues got better but low grade fever has remained ever since. Still some slight stomach pain, and now my jaw hurts. Sleepy but I have a newborn so that's normal lol. I just can't get my mind to ignore the low grade fever. It's obsessed that the jaw pain means something is wrong. And now more random symptoms are trying to surface and I feel a panic attack on the horizon. Any suggestions?

gypsylee
05-03-2015, 02:18 AM
Did you take some paracetamol for the fever?

I wouldn't be surprised by ANY aches and pains when you have a newborn :) Don't go googling it because you will get in a panic for sure.

Hope you feel better soon..
Gypsy x

dont_worry
05-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Try to bring yourself back to the present. Look into mindfulness if you've never looked into it. It removes you from your egoic obsessions and brings you back to the here and now. And only in the here and now can you get in touch with the two concepts that can help you to be free of these worries: acceptance and self love. I wish you well.

alyssum
05-04-2015, 08:34 PM
I know you've probably heard this before, but whenever I start worrying over minute things like a pain in my neck or stomach I just have to tell my self "Stop worrying about it, nothing's wrong with you." That tricks my mind into letting the anxiety go then addressing what's really wrong- And usually it's nothing once I stop worrying.

Mr Jingles
05-07-2015, 06:59 PM
how are things now? did the anxiety pass or did it bring on panic attacks, as you feared?