PDA

View Full Version : Sleepless Over Soap

sae
04-25-2015, 12:13 AM
It amazes me what little things unsettle me. I didn't panic, I don't feel like warm death but I simply can't shake the worry over this mysterious bottle of dishsoap that has appeared on my kitchen counter.
Maybe there is some OCD knocking around in here. I have been quite sick for about week. My home isn't filthy, I don't have stacks of things creating pathways, but I do have two small dogs that like to shred bits of paper and plastic and a teenager that will just leave anything anywhere. My home is NOT company-worthy by any stretch.
Even in this state I know where every little thing is, what belongs and what doesnt. I was out maybe an hour and come back to find a very large bottle of Dawn dish soap sitting next to my usual one. This isn't mine. How did it get here? Who can get in? Why? What if it was the landlord? What if he saw my place like this? The tons of what if's are bugging me tonight so looks like I will be spending tonight cleaning this place, sick or not, just in case it happens again.
Is anyone else freakishly obsessed over someone seeing their home when it is not quite up to snuff?

gypsylee
04-25-2015, 01:55 AM
It amazes me what little things unsettle me. I didn't panic, I don't feel like warm death but I simply can't shake the worry over this mysterious bottle of dishsoap that has appeared on my kitchen counter.
Maybe there is some OCD knocking around in here. I have been quite sick for about week. My home isn't filthy, I don't have stacks of things creating pathways, but I do have two small dogs that like to shred bits of paper and plastic and a teenager that will just leave anything anywhere. My home is NOT company-worthy by any stretch.
Even in this state I know where every little thing is, what belongs and what doesnt. I was out maybe an hour and come back to find a very large bottle of Dawn dish soap sitting next to my usual one. This isn't mine. How did it get here? Who can get in? Why? What if it was the landlord? What if he saw my place like this? The tons of what if's are bugging me tonight so looks like I will be spending tonight cleaning this place, sick or not, just in case it happens again.
Is anyone else freakishly obsessed over someone seeing their home when it is not quite up to snuff?

No but I'd freak out if I thought someone had come in and left a bottle of dish liquid in my kitchen. Do you think it's a hint? :)

sae
04-25-2015, 02:26 AM
That's really what I was terrified of. My kitchen smelled kinda weird and I did have a sink of dishes that had been hanging out for a couple days. Turns out though the soap wasn't a hint. My bf had indeed ordered the bottle of dish soap, it showed up on my doorstep this afternoon and my kid brought it in, unboxed it and put it there before she left to stay at a friends house. How did I not notice her doing all this is beyond me. (Chances are I was trapped in the bathroom, these Antibiotics have nuked every living organism in my tract in the most violent way possible.. I think they might be holding a few probiotics hostage in my duodenum... I am expecting a ransom note any moment now, but I digress)
Once upon a time sae was sad sae, and had gotten her nose busted at least a few times for leaving dishes unwashed or the floors unmopped. I guess that fear doesn't fully go away (or I'm just not quite there yet).

Pneumonia plus a kidney stone is a real pisser. I have been bombed out on pain meds, running delirium inducing fevers and sleeping an inordinate amount this week. Tonight's mini freak out prompted me to forgo the pain meds and get something done.
Needless to say my kitchen at least is back to perfect order, the weird smell (which turned out to be a bowl of tuna salad that had somehow fallen behind the deep freezer and left... ugh teenagers are gross!!), is now gone. Now it is time to return to the warm embrace of nebulizer and pain meds until tomorrow to take on the rest of the house.