PDA

View Full Version : clonazepam

Saldav
04-22-2015, 02:35 PM
I'm just curious of the dosage people take, and how long have you been on them. I take 2mg a day as needed. And have been taking it for two years. I also take cymbalta for depression and seroquel for sleep and anxiety.

Dahila
04-22-2015, 09:57 PM
We have tons of threads "Clonazepam" use the search bar

gypsylee
04-23-2015, 03:16 AM
I'm just curious of the dosage people take, and how long have you been on them. I take 2mg a day as needed. And have been taking it for two years. I also take cymbalta for depression and seroquel for sleep and anxiety.

Hey, I don't take Clonazepam but I want to comment on Seroquel. I was on that for a while and it actually made my anxiety a whole lot worse. Initially it might have calmed me down (I had extreme anxiety) but after a while it made my heart race and I felt like I was having an anxiety attack. I didn't realise what it was and just thought my anxiety was getting worse and worse. I also put on a ton of weight. In hindsight I should never have been on it.

Your experience might be a lot different but I wanted to tell you mine with Seroquel.

Cheers,
Gypsy x

Saldav
04-23-2015, 11:38 PM
Hey, I don't take Clonazepam but I want to comment on Seroquel. I was on that for a while and it actually made my anxiety a whole lot worse. Initially it might have calmed me down (I had extreme anxiety) but after a while it made my heart race and I felt like I was having an anxiety attack. I didn't realise what it was and just thought my anxiety was getting worse and worse. I also put on a ton of weight. In hindsight I should never have been on it.

Your experience might be a lot different but I wanted to tell you mine with Seroquel.

Cheers,
Gypsy x

Thanks gypsylee I need to look more into seroquel.

gypsylee
04-24-2015, 12:17 AM
Thanks gypsylee I need to look more into seroquel.

Yes do that. What dose are you on?

Dahila
04-24-2015, 12:43 PM
You edited your post, now it is a different story. I am on clonazepam for hmmm over two years I think. On 0.5 mg a day, it is not much but it helps. Would not Cymbalta be enough for sleeping? Cymbalta an high dose of clonazepam? Cymbalta, my hubby was on it and he was an angel at the time. He was sleeping well and not taking anything else. It was after major automobile accident.
Saldav I think you should cut on Clonazepam a bit, go down with the dose. You will ok, if not you can go back to 2 mg but it is a lot. :)

gadguy
04-24-2015, 01:14 PM
I take 2mg as needed, which means for me every night in order to sleep, really bad insomnia. Sometimes I take 3mg on really bad nights, also will on occasion take 1mg during the day to take edge off, this is all done with Drs approval. I also take 20mg of Lexapro every night.

Saldav
04-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Yes do that. What dose are you on?

I take 2mg twice a day as needed.

Saldav
04-24-2015, 02:18 PM
You edited your post, now it is a different story. I am on clonazepam for hmmm over two years I think. On 0.5 mg a day, it is not much but it helps. Would not Cymbalta be enough for sleeping? Cymbalta an high dose of clonazepam? Cymbalta, my hubby was on it and he was an angel at the time. He was sleeping well and not taking anything else. It was after major automobile accident.
Saldav I think you should cut on Clonazepam a bit, go down with the dose. You will ok, if not you can go back to 2 mg but it is a lot. :)

I didn't edit my post, I don't know what you mean?

gypsylee
04-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Oh I meant Seroquel.

Dahila
04-24-2015, 09:11 PM
I take 2mg twice a day as needed.
When you say twice a day , and in the same sentence 'as needed" I started to think that this two do not go together. I think you mean 2x day and more as needed?
Or as needed which can be 4 times in 24 hours. I take once a day and I may take (which I do not do ) extra one if I needed:))
I was pretty sure that you edited your post. Have post another thread "Clonazepam"?

sae
04-25-2015, 02:38 AM
My alprazolam always read "4x daily as needed" as well. I took it to mean up to for times a day, if needed. Pretty much it's still pro re nata but no more than 4 times daily, which kinda makes sense.

I take mine nowhere near 4 times a day. I have been holding on to this bottle of 30 since last October and still have a little under half left.

As for sleeping, I second the whole seroquel making one anxious thing. Seroquel and I did not play nicely. A drug that did work quite nice on both the anxiety and my insufferable insomnia was Remeron (mirtazipine). It will make you sleep hard, give you weird super funky dreams and the first two days you will be completely useless to anyone, you'll eat like a horse, but it works great on the night time anxiety. It's not all that widely prescribed in the U.S., I guess because it's an older drug and cheap, but I highly recommend at least asking your doc about it. The only reason I had to stop taking it was it had a tendency to help bottom out my blood pressure, which was a no good situation while I was on the nitro patch.

Ahlstrom
04-25-2015, 04:44 PM
I take .5mg as needed when I very rarely have a panic attack. I took 2mg a day for a month and got addicted easy, the withdrawl symptoms wern't terrible. I don't carry anymore because I usually end up taking too much for fun, bad stuff.

Saldav
04-26-2015, 11:36 PM
When you say twice a day , and in the same sentence 'as needed" I started to think that this two do not go together. I think you mean 2x day and more as needed?
Or as needed which can be 4 times in 24 hours. I take once a day and I may take (which I do not do ) extra one if I needed:))
I was pretty sure that you edited your post. Have post another thread "Clonazepam"?

I take a 2 mg clonazepam at 12pm and another 2mg @ 5pm

Dahila
04-27-2015, 08:36 PM
I had seen that you just started Cymbalta give yourself like 4-6 weeks then you will be able to cut down on clonazepam. I take one 0.5 a day :))