PDA

View Full Version : Treating allergies without increasing anxiety

superchick22684
04-21-2015, 11:45 AM
Its come to the time of year where I live where my seasonal allergies are kicking into full force and while I want to treat them I don't want to increase my anxiety in the process. The last time I took allergy meds it was prior to having my anxiety and depression come back with a vengeance. At that time I was taking an over the counter med that until recently I was unaware lists anxiety as a potential side effect.
I know most of this board is from various countries other than the US but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or knew of any allergy remedies that aren't going to increase my anxiety in the process of treating my seasonal allergies? Thanks in advance.

Saldav
04-21-2015, 06:42 PM
I think benadryl should help.

Dahila
04-21-2015, 07:41 PM
anti allergy pills so Benadryl one of them, contain antihistamines, which causes a major panic attack and anxiety in me. Never could take them. I am on nasal spray, corticosteroid nasal spray.

superchick22684
04-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Thanks for responding guys. I'm already on nasal spray and I use saline spray as well since I can only use my main nasal spray once a day. I'm unable to use Benadryl because of really bad experience I had a few years ago. I basically ended up really light headed and sick and was told not to take it again. I'm going to keep doing research.

Dahila
04-21-2015, 10:35 PM
You do what I do, and I suffer for year with ASA, pollen, dust and dust mites, animals hair, Honey bee sting is deadly dangerous for me, so I carry my epi pen everywhere. I have allergic rhinitis and nasal rinse is kind of keeping it under control. I use right now Avamys and it is helping. The problem is due to prolonged sinusitis; caused by allergens, I lost my sense of smell and it is awful. I am even more confused now:)))

Chiliphil1
04-22-2015, 05:40 AM
I have had good luck with nasacort nasal spray as well as Mucinex cold, I will also take alka seltzer cold as well..

The thing I have found is that if I take the cold version of a med it helps with the allergies but doesn't give me the bad side effects like a true allergy med does.