PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is running my life

anne56
04-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Hello all. I've been dealing with anxiety for about 5 years. I was able to get by by taking .25 mg of Klonopin as needed, I'd need to take it once, perhaps twice a week. About a year ago I actually felt like I had conquered my anxiety, I was able to go a month without taking Klonopin and things were going well, and then out of nowhere my anxiety came back in a new horrible way. Suddenly I was getting dizzy spells while driving, I was getting dizzy spells just sitting in traffic, and going anywhere by myself has become almost impossible. If I'm stuck in traffic or at a long light I feel as if I'm losing my mind.

My therapist and doctor recommended lexapro, I have yet to take it because I'd like to avoid a daily medicinal route if possible. I'm looking to learn more about anxiety and learn new ways to cope with it, and looking to learn more about Lexapro. I really want to get my life back and if Lexapro is the answer I'll do it, but I'm really afraid to even try it. I'm finding I'm now taking my Klonopin sometimes 3 times a week, I don't like the pattern I see developing and want to try to pull back on that as well.

Jules1979
04-21-2015, 09:11 PM
I too just started suffering from the dizzy spells and have convinced myself of brain tumor ( I'm ridiculous I know) I'm sorry your having such a hard time.. I can relate! Let me know if the meds help you! I have tried diff ones but the side effects were almost as bad as the anxiety:(

anxietykidd
04-27-2015, 07:33 PM
when you say dizzy i mean what does it feel like, like the room is sp;inning or like when you walk you almost feel like falling? mine is almost constant, and sometimes feels as though I'm in an elevator and it just stopped

Jules1979
04-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Yes I get that same exact feeling!! But the more constant one is feeling heavy headed:(

av1988
05-05-2015, 02:00 PM
when you say dizzy i mean what does it feel like, like the room is sp;inning or like when you walk you almost feel like falling? mine is almost constant, and sometimes feels as though I'm in an elevator and it just stopped

I HAD THE SAME THING. That is not a tumor and you are not dying. It's anxiety controlling your brain. It's taking the steering wheel and turning left and right and left and right. That is normal for anxiety sufferers. Here's one way to battle those. Go outside, find something you love to do that makes you active, work up a sweat, the endorphins release into your body, cool down, eat a good meal, get some good sleep. The next day, tell me how you feel.

The key is to do something FUN! Something really active and fun.