PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for excessive sweating? Like good deodorant brands?

Chavy
04-17-2015, 04:34 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong forum section to post this. Anyway, often when I'm in public, particularly in new places, my anxiety builds up and I start to exhibit the common symptoms like sweating and being fidgety. Unfortunately, once I start to sweat I begin to feel really self-conscious and embarrassed and just sweat more. Is there a brand of deodorant that ya'll have good ratings on? Thank you.

PanicCured
04-17-2015, 07:21 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong forum section to post this. Anyway, often when I'm in public, particularly in new places, my anxiety builds up and I start to exhibit the common symptoms like sweating and being fidgety. Unfortunately, once I start to sweat I begin to feel really self-conscious and embarrassed and just sweat more. Is there a brand of deodorant that ya'll have good ratings on? Thank you.

How about asking ow you can overcome the anxiety so you don't sweat like this?

gypsylee
04-17-2015, 08:10 PM
How about asking ow you can overcome the anxiety so you don't sweat like this?

Because he's sweating all over the place and needs deodorant now!

I can't recommend any though sorry because I'm a girl and we don't sweat as much.

:)

Dahila
04-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Every time I am anxious and very conscious I do sweat, It is almost impossible for others to see. I feel it.
I can recommend the deo I buy for my man, he sweats a lot, especially when upset. It is Blue or Green POLO by Ralp Lauren, it is kind of expensive but it lasts forever. It is 28 canadian for 2.6 oz. If you are interested in some home remedies give me a shout :))
Welcome to the boards Chavy. Remember than hormones will cause the excessive sweating too.
There is a lot of things you can use to reduce the sweating a bit.

pocketful of sunshine
04-17-2015, 08:33 PM
drysol , its the best put it on at night and regular deodorant in the morning.. you will never sweat and you can use it on parts of your body. google and check thr reviews been my go to for years :)

Dahila
04-17-2015, 08:36 PM
drysol , its the best put it on at night and regular deodorant in the morning.. you will never sweat and you can use it on parts of your body. google and check thr reviews been my go to for years :)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO you do not stop sweating , sweating take toxins out of body sunshine
Suppressed sweating glands easily get infected
You do not put deo going to bed , you should wash your armpits before bed ......................and I am very old and seen a lot BTW

Before using Drysol solution:

Some medical conditions may interact with Drysol solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances

Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Drysol solution. However, no specific interactions with Drysol solution are known at this time.

Ask your health care provider if Drysol solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine

gypsylee
04-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Every time I am anxious and very conscious I do sweat, It is almost impossible for others to see. I feel it.
I can recommend the deo I buy for my man, he sweats a lot, especially when upset. It is Blue or Green POLO by Ralp Lauren, it is kind of expensive but it lasts forever. It is 28 canadian for 2.6 oz. If you are interested in some home remedies give me a shout :))
Welcome to the boards Chavy. Remember than hormones will cause the excessive sweating too.
There is a lot of things you can use to reduce the sweating a bit.

That deodorant sounds nice :)

I wake up sweaty and it makes me feel gross. I don't sweat during the day much though.

Dahila
04-17-2015, 08:56 PM
Gypsy you are on AD? Benzos? or maybe hormonal imbalance. Check your hormones. You are too young to have night sweats. Beside You country would kill me in ten days with temps you have :)

pocketful of sunshine
04-17-2015, 09:25 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO you do not stop sweating , sweating take toxins out of body sunshine
Suppressed sweating glands easily get infected
You do not put deo going to bed , you should wash your armpits before bed ......................and I am very old and seen a lot BTW

Before using Drysol solution:

Some medical conditions may interact with Drysol solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances

Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Drysol solution. However, no specific interactions with Drysol solution are known at this time.

Ask your health care provider if Drysol solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine

sorry dahila but i and im sure many like me have tried everything under the sun to stop the excessive sweating that's an embarrassment and unfortunately no holistic or natural alternatives worked for me and as for your comment about washing my arm pits before bed ... i do shower regularly every evening, thank you however that does not solve a perspiration dilemma

im just so happy i found something that works saves me from embarrassment and my clothes are not ruined from sweat

i thank you for your comment though :)

gypsylee
04-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Gypsy you are on AD? Benzos? or maybe hormonal imbalance. Check your hormones. You are too young to have night sweats. Beside You country would kill me in ten days with temps you have :)

I'm on Lexapro but I think it's because of diabetes and/or thyroid. That's a type of hormonal imbalance. I take insulin and thyroid hormones but who knows what goes on when I'm asleep lol.

Dahila
04-17-2015, 09:45 PM
Oh I forgot about it, that's right