PDA

View Full Version : Intruive thoughts?

Charles Price
04-17-2015, 02:05 AM
I stayed up pretty late last night, I was laying in bed it pitch black and suddenly I had really random impulse thoughts they were all quite negative. I'm not going mad am I? is this normally if you already have a anxiety disorder. I also fell in to a state of sleep paralysis straight after which scared the crap out of me.

Im-Suffering
04-17-2015, 05:57 AM
I stayed up pretty late last night, I was laying in bed it pitch black and suddenly I had really random impulse thoughts they were all quite negative. I'm not going mad am I? is this normally if you already have a anxiety disorder. I also fell in to a state of sleep paralysis straight after which scared the crap out of me.

"Random, impulse negative thoughts" point you in the direction of the source of those thoughts so you can heal them, not run from them as if a monster was chasing you.

The thoughts come from false beliefs which are the cause of the anxiety to begin with. When oh when will you turn and face self?

Next time you are faced with a barrage of negativity from within, know it is inner self trying once again to get your attention and ask if your interpretation of reality is indeed 'real' or from some false ideas/beliefs that distort and cripple your view. Inner self is always trying to find a cause and heal.

In that context the stray unwanted thoughts are therapeutic, like a signpost pointing to where you must go to heal (into the fear), period.

jessed03
04-17-2015, 06:14 AM
The mind has limitless boundaries. It's able to think of the most wonderful things as well as the most horrific things.

When you're in any kind of bad state, your mind is going to be pushed towards experimenting with the negative. Those limitless boundaries are tested in ways you wish you weren't.

You aren't mad. Intrusive thoughts are just an expression of a tired, confused mind. Sometimes they arise because you've developed a new anxiety trigger. Sometimes they just come about because of low mood.

If it's possible for you to do so, view them exactly as they are: harmless symptoms of stress. In the same way tired muscles will spasm or cramp, tired minds can shake a little too.

A little reassurance for you: you'll never act upon any intrusive thought you have. You'll never develop any kind of liking for what you happen to think about. Intrusive thoughts will never, ever lead you to a state of worsened mental illness, for example, schizophrenia or psychopathy.

gypsylee
04-17-2015, 06:51 AM

I get this sometimes. I have these thoughts pop into my head when I'm trying to fall asleep (or half asleep) and they're so weird they make me anxious. They aren't necessarily negative, just bizarre, and I have to get up and do something or I lie there in a state of anxiety.

Im-Suffering
04-17-2015, 07:30 AM
These thoughts are therapeutic, meant to guide you into yourself to heal any false ideas that create them. For example:

"I am going to murder someone"

Rather than dismiss it, fear it, and make it ever stronger, use it, to go deeper and find out what belief is causing it to surface. You may find anger, resentment, powerlessness, guilt, shame, blame and more of these emotions attached to an event, or to a set of beliefs about yourself. This stray thought of murder, aggression, violence, is meant if allowed by these methods to lead you back to a state of love. Behind all hate, no exceptions, is fear.

Now that was just one simple example. Your thoughts come from beliefs, and so do your emotions - you have these attributes so you can use them, constructively. Not to run from them or dismiss them. This you will soon learn is ineffective in any resolution.

jessed03
04-17-2015, 07:42 AM
These thoughts are therapeutic, meant to guide you into yourself to heal any false ideas that create them. For example:

"I am going to murder someone"

Rather than dismiss it, fear it, and make it ever stronger, use it, to go deeper and find out what belief is causing it to surface. You may find anger, resentment, powerlessness, guilt, shame, blame and more of these emotions attached to an event, or to a set of beliefs about yourself. This stray thought of murder, aggression, violence, is meant if allowed by these methods to lead you back to a state of love. Behind all hate, no exceptions, is fear.

Now that was just one simple example. Your thoughts come from beliefs, and so do your emotions - you have these attributes so you can use them, constructively. Not to run from them or dismiss them. This you will soon learn is ineffective in any resolution.

When it comes to intrusive thoughts, I've found dismissing them is often the only effective resolution - unless a person has a lingering problem.

Sometimes a belief is so stupid the only way you can become wise to it is by persisting in your folly. When man believed he'd fall off the edge of the earth, the only way to convince him he wouldn't was to tell him to go - keep going - and watch as he remained safe the whole way. That was his wisdom. Intrusive thoughts work the same way. Give them too much credit and you create the body of a monster that currently only has an outline. Persist in your folly, stretch it out, play with it, experiment with the validity of the thoughts, and you'll soon see they were nothing more than myths, waiting to be debunked.

Im-Suffering
04-17-2015, 08:47 AM
Thoughts are things, energy. And as (any of) you know (or will find out), energy cannot be destroyed only transmuted. People can take any one of 3 stances, see, in regards to thoughts -

Attract, repel, or neutral. (which is not dismissive, you see - usually dismissive means to repel).

A belief is a strong idea about reality. Strong ideas are not neutral, see? This is how you create your lives, by drawing into your experience what you believe. By 'neutral' we mean there would not be q 'strong idea' in regard to that topic. For example, a man drives down the road and sees a broken down car. He could - stop to help (attraction), drive past thinking he should have stopped (repel), or drove past not noticing (neutral). You can see how the man who repels can develop emotional issues regarding his decision. Guilt, regret and so forth. Where the neutral man drove past without that emotional residue. The man who repelled, has corroborated his belief, you see? "I am bad", or whatever he feels about himself as a 'strong idea'.

Now if thoughts are electromagnetic, then they can be attracted, repelled (like an alternating current). 'Intrusive' thoughts are those stemming from a belief (in origin) that are then either attracted, or repelled. Either one of those 2 creates more of it. 'Dismissive' for most people is the act of 'repelling' and so it draws unto them what they push away. If 'dismissive' means 'neutral' than it will indeed float right past them. However, in the context here, for most people, theses thoughts are rather consistent, often changing form or delivery, but the central theme is the same. There is always a theme. Say weight loss, gambling, violence, health, whatever.

'Intrusive' is misleading of course, and since thoughts are circulated by the 'currents' of man, he draws from an overall bank of knowledge, lets say, similar thoughts ('out there') unto himself. In the example you gave, a man may or may not realize the world was round even if he never fell off. This is what happens with health anxiety, which is largely unaffected by multiple diagnosis to the contrary. The belief is at the core, say "I am a sickly person" and so that is what is fleshed out or created in his experience.

Most of the people here have not done 5 minutes of belief 'work' yet in their lives, and so what I say will pass by unnoticed, all the while they will be attracting other thoughts and people unto them with health concerns, you see. Even if I hold a red flag up with a sign that says "the way out', they would not notice (like the man in the above example who drove past the broken down car), the energies would shoot right past them. They would attract however all the lamenting over imaginary problems, and discussions that would fortify their beliefs, and the accompanying thoughts/emotions.

Changing a belief is life altering, immediate and lasting. Once it is changed the magnetic attraction shifts over to the new train of thought, attracting those of health or prosperity, for example.

jessed03
04-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Thoughts are things, energy, energy cannot be destroyed only transmuted.

Now if thoughts are electromagnetic, then they can be attracted, repelled (like an alternating current). 'Intrusive' thoughts are those stemming from a belief (in origin) that are then either attracted, or repelled. Either one of those 2 creates more of it. 'Dismissive' for most people is the act of 'repelling' and so it draws unto them what they push away. If 'dismissive' means 'neutral' than it will indeed float right past them. However, in the context here, for most people, theses thoughts are rather consistent, often changing form or delivery, but the central theme is the same. There is always a theme. Say weight loss, gambling, violence, health, whatever.

'Intrusive' is misleading of course, and since thoughts are circulated by the 'currents' of man, he draws from an overall bank of knowledge, lets say, similar thoughts ('out there') unto himself. In the example you gave, a man may or may not realize the world was round even if he never fell off. This is what happens with health anxiety, which is largely unaffected by multiple diagnosis to the contrary. The belief is at the core, say "I am a sickly person" and so that is what is fleshed out or created in his experience.

Mostly all of the people here have not done 5 minutes of belief 'work' yet in their lives, and so what I say will pass by unnoticed, all the while attracting other thoughts and people unto them with health concerns, you see. Even if I hold a red flag up with a sign that says "the way out', they would not notice, the energies would shoot right past them. They would attract however all the lamenting over imaginary problems, and discussions that would fortify the belief, and its accompanying thoughts/emotions.

Changing a belief is life altering, immediate and lasting. Once it is changed the magnetic attraction shifts over to the new train of thought, attracting those of health or prosperity, for example.

I think that's a very simplistic way of looking at a very complex problem.

Still, it was nicely put.

Im-Suffering
04-17-2015, 09:15 AM
I think that's a very simplistic way of looking at a very complex problem.

Still, it was nicely put.

Belief work would solve every problem.

jessed03
04-17-2015, 09:32 AM
Unless the belief is strikingly inaccurate, belief work simply manages to delude a person. It's often little more than glorified hypnosis. If taken too far, it has the propensity to disconnect its 'patient' from the reality of their peers. It creates a vision in the mind that's almost video game like. To preserve this man-made vision, it's then usually necessary to go deeper into it and cut off from accepted reality entirely. Eventually, you end up so far down the rabbit hole you can't see light any more.

You miss the glaringly obvious signs that point towards your developed dysfunction; a dysfunction that no longer allows you to connect with society. Even if you're successful, many can sense this place you've reached is unnatural. They want to avoid you.

Such a state isn't what I'm looking for in a cure, though I imagine it can be useful to the desperate. I also imagine the opinion that one holds the universe in the depths of their mind is also a highly pleasurable thing for a neurotic to experience, too.

jessed03
04-17-2015, 09:38 AM
I have to state the above is for more intervening cases. Addressing harmful or incorrect beliefs is a very valid form of therapy.

Im-Suffering
04-17-2015, 10:00 AM
"Addressing harmful or incorrect beliefs is a very valid form of therapy."

Good. I am glad that you believe this. Why don't you make it experiential rather than an idea. (And a rather fearful one).

Once experienced you can remove the previous post to which I will not address or quote.

jessed03
04-17-2015, 10:24 AM
"Addressing harmful or incorrect beliefs is a very valid form of therapy."

Good. I am glad that you believe this. Why don't you make it experiential rather than an idea. (And a rather fearful one).

I have done. I also realize that it's very powerful. But not always in a good way. It took me a while to "snap out" of the new-aged spiritualized state I got myself into. I understand some people welcome that state. I think my problem is it's sold to people under false pretences. Most take part in it because they want to become more "normal", more in tune with their surroundings, more relatable to their peers. I don't believe it accomplishes that; if it does, I think it's by coincidence rather than design. To be human is to be faulty.

I don't begrudge anybody that chooses that path. Each man has the right to find salvation as he pleases. But I do like to remind people there are other ways.

jessed03
04-17-2015, 10:25 AM
I think I'll leave it there!

Im-Suffering
04-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Just a brief response to a few comments quoted :

"I think my problem is it's sold to people under false pretences." - depends who the seller is, life, like ebay, has feedback.

"Most take part in it because they want to become more "normal", more in tune with their surroundings, more relatable to their peers. I don't believe it accomplishes that." -

eventually you must leave behind the old self and move on. (and often the friends associated with that self). There is sadness there, I can feel it.

"To be human is to be faulty." -

reword : "to be human is to heal any perceived fault and the associated bad feelings (that "I am faulty" brings)" I Am faulty (as a belief) also creates faults where there were none, so you may experience what it is like.

'Faults' for readers here, are not 'mistakes' which you will all make from time to time. 'Faults' imply an inherent disability and is not an accurate description of a 'human'.

I want you to be clear in your posts, utterly cognizant of how your words will be taken by people throughout the years, even when you are gone. you understand.

I am very fond of you Jess. You have many unique abilities. I see them in you. You see, it would be better to see that in you, than any 'faults'.

Which authority figure or parent in your life offered up so much criticism as to make you feel badly about yourself? Especially if you reached (or wanted to) for the stars?

Find those beliefs. By going into the 'faults'.

FrederickMorone
04-17-2015, 11:13 AM
I have one of those unhealthy beliefs that has been spoken about. It relates to self-esteem.

How do I go about doing belief work on it please?

Im-Suffering
04-17-2015, 11:37 AM
I have one of those unhealthy beliefs that has been spoken about. It relates to self-esteem.

How do I go about doing belief work on it please?

Set a few hours aside, to read this with an open mind :

It is a healthy discussion among peers.

http://sethforums.com/forum/4-seth-talk/2936-changing-beliefs.html?limitstart=0

Let it take you wherever you need to go (whatever direction best to heal the self), naturally (intuitively).

jessed03
04-19-2015, 07:06 AM
Thank you. :)

Sure, we can change the word fault to read functioning phenomena. That sounds a more endearing term.