PDA

View Full Version : Out of control anxiety - relapse

Joe.
04-15-2015, 01:57 PM
In the past few weeks I have redeveloped the mental and physical symptoms of anxiety I had this time last year, I think it's most likely because my GCSE exams aren't long away. Just in this week so far I've had about 8 panic attacks, and 2 of them were quite severe, and most of these were at school. So, in the very vital last few weeks of school before the exams, I have been hit with an immense amount of anxiety, and, to be honest, I just cannot learn while feeling like this...
Whist not experiencing anxiety like that, I am either emotionally numb, depressed, and struggle to think in a process, or extremely stimulated, carefree, and with thoughts flying around my head. And all of this is without feeling 'happy' for a sustained period of time.
Most of my current physical symptoms aren't new to me, but some are like the surprisingly intense feeling of unreality, so much so I feel as though I am actually floating upwards and my vision becomes distorted. Also my heart rate while having a panic attack has reached new levels, which I am very scared of.

I really need to gain some control over this soon, so does anyone have any helpful advise for me?

Thanks

PanicCured
04-15-2015, 04:10 PM
There is no relapse and that is not a good way to look at it. Just keep moving forward in healing the anxiety and don't take it all so seriously. Anxiety is a bluff, don't let it trip you out. Keep healing the nervous system, not adding 2nd fear, keep carrying on your life as normal not allowing anxiety to dictate it. Let it go, bro. Relax! Follow my Quick Guide to Stopping Panic Attacks up in the stickies.