PDA

View Full Version : Losing sense of self ; Hope ; Please help

iwillbecured
04-13-2015, 03:25 PM
I'm sincerely very scared ; just wondering if this has happened to anyone . Long story short few days ago I was on the subway and was looking around wondering what we are as humans , were all souls. I then looked into the mirror of the window and said what am I am a soul in this body. Now every-time I look in the mirror I can't help but feel like I am separate being as in My mind is different then my body ; like I almost find it surreal that this is me, My thoughts are in this body . I am so scared ; I can't live like this . It's almost like I feel im trapped inside this body please help.. or tell me any related stories

Kuma
04-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Why does it scare you that your mind and your body are two different things? You are clearly one person, and only one person. But you have different attributes. One is your ability to think and reason (your "mind"). Then there is your physical ability, strength, appearance, etc. (your "body"). And maybe there are other attributes, such as your emotion, your compassion, your feeling, etc. (your "heart"). They are all different things. But you are still one, whole person.

I guess I am not understanding what you are scared about. But I am sorry to hear that you are scared and I hope that you find some comfort.

jessed03
04-13-2015, 05:18 PM
When the eyes are healthy, they aren't aware of themselves. It's only when they're unhealthy that you start seeing floaters, or feeling pain in them. Same goes for human beings. They only become acutely aware of themselves when unhealthy. The healthy human being isn't focused on their body, their mortality or their existence - at least not obsessively. That only happens when they become unhealthy.

It sounds as though your anxiety has taken you through a complex period of derealization, where for minutes or moments you've felt separation within yourself. Once you feel that separation and troubling ideas or questions enter your mind, it can be very, very hard to simply let them go again. Thing is, those questions and the desire to engage them usually comes from an unhealthy mental state, be it drug-induced or because of a mental illness.

To feel better, you'll need to get your mind healthy again.

That may be easy if you live a life that's very dysfunctional. All you then have to do is begin to put that right. If not, you need to seriously examine any issues of mental illness you may have (perhaps a combination of depression, anxiety, and OCD), and then look at working on those.

People do have similar experiences to you and recover. As somebody who suffered from pure-O, my mind took me to some very horrifying and isolating places. As the mind and brain get healthier though, these existential crises begin to reduce, then eventually dissipate altogether.

iwillbecured
04-13-2015, 07:17 PM
I just want to say thank you so much for your thought out response - this is my first time using this site & I feel so thankful for these replies. It is a very scary thing and is my mind playing tricks on me I am hoping this feeling doesn't last forever. God bless you for replying

gypsylee
04-13-2015, 07:30 PM
I'm sincerely very scared ; just wondering if this has happened to anyone . Long story short few days ago I was on the subway and was looking around wondering what we are as humans , were all souls. I then looked into the mirror of the window and said what am I am a soul in this body. Now every-time I look in the mirror I can't help but feel like I am separate being as in My mind is different then my body ; like I almost find it surreal that this is me, My thoughts are in this body . I am so scared ; I can't live like this . It's almost like I feel im trapped inside this body please help.. or tell me any related stories

I don't know what it is with being on trains but I remember freaking out at least once on there when I was younger. I think it's normal to have these kind of existential crises if you're a philosophical type of person. It is scary at the time but it goes away.

:)

PanicCured
04-13-2015, 08:49 PM

Let's think about it, are you your brain? Are you your thoughts? Who is you? What is you? Are you your hand or your foot? This is spirituality 101.

The body dies, so if anything survives death it would not be your physical body, right? You say you can't live like this, would you rather feel that all you are is a body? Welcome to the mystery of life the universe and everything!
I think you may just be beginning to question things that you never thought of before. People been wondering about this stuff for thousands of years. Enjoy!

iwillbecured
04-13-2015, 09:16 PM
I understand it's just surreal to me when I look in the mirror I now just say " wow thats me, like my mind/brain/body are all connected" and it trips me out ; what causes my anxiety is me having to remind my self like wow thats me .It's a trip but thank you for your response, I just hope I develop a peace of mind . God Bless you

Dahila
04-13-2015, 10:33 PM
I kind of agree with Jessed and Gypsy on the subject, however, what if you just had a moment of astral travel. Or psychic expierence. Not everything can be categorized. There is so much happening around us we do not notice. We are struggling to keep our souls-minds and body together.............. Maybe you were daydreaming and got scared.
Gypsy trains will do people. It seems that some parts of us separate. Not enough language skills to explain it. Next time guys when you go by train just look into windows and relax:)

keep lookin.......

gypsylee
04-13-2015, 11:31 PM
When I first had anxiety/depression I went through this phase of feeling like I'd left bits of my "soul" everywhere I went. Like I used to go to the gym and when I'd get home I'd have this weird feeling like part of my soul was still there. I can't relate to this at all now, like what the hell does that feel like? I was never psychotic either, so it was a "rational" feeling but how weird is that. I went through a whole lot of different freaky phases like that in the first couple of years of anxiety/depression.

PanicCured
04-14-2015, 05:55 AM
like my mind/brain/body are all connected" and it trips me out

As opposed to what exactly?

These days what I'm into is deconstructing everything that makes me me, breaking down the entire false self construct.

iwillbecured
04-14-2015, 07:37 AM
When I first had anxiety/depression I went through this phase of feeling like I'd left bits of my "soul" everywhere I went. Like I used to go to the gym and when I'd get home I'd have this weird feeling like part of my soul was still there. I can't relate to this at all now, like what the hell does that feel like? I was never psychotic either, so it was a "rational" feeling but how weird is that. I went through a whole lot of different freaky phases like that in the first couple of years of anxiety/depression.

I know my thinking is irrational ; but I feel like my mind is disconnected to my body , like when I think of my self I feel like it's not me. I can't sleep because of it, it sounds crazy. I cried this morning , wondering what is wrong with me.
I don't think it's shizophrenia but I fear that, I don't hear voices or see things & i can think quite clear when I type or conversate . But I am scared, do you guys think it's just my anxiety and perhaps OCD ?

gypsylee
04-14-2015, 07:57 AM
I do think it's anxiety as opposed to schizophrenia. I used to be terrified of schizophrenia and thought these weird phases were the start of it, but it's twenty years later and no sign of it. It's much more likely to be a result of intense self-consciousness and philosophical thinking. You probably feel like noone has ever thought those things or felt that way? Well I bet you they have :)

PanicCured
04-14-2015, 06:24 PM
I know my thinking is irrational ; but I feel like my mind is disconnected to my body , like when I think of my self I feel like it's not me. I can't sleep because of it, it sounds crazy. I cried this morning , wondering what is wrong with me.
I don't think it's shizophrenia but I fear that, I don't hear voices or see things & i can think quite clear when I type or conversate . But I am scared, do you guys think it's just my anxiety and perhaps OCD ?

Oh my god! You are contemplating your existence! Please run to the doctor and get the Somas because you are beginning to question things! Your program must be breaking down. Agent Smith will be visiting you now.

OBEY YOU MUST OBEY! Go to work and clock in and out, come home and watch TV, drink a Bud and go to sleep. Wake up and do it again and NEVER question reality! Just do as you are told!

gypsylee
04-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Oh my god! You are contemplating your existence! Please run to the doctor and get the Somas because you are beginning to question things! Your program must be breaking down. Agent Smith will be visiting you now.

OBEY YOU MUST OBEY! Go to work and clock in and out, come home and watch TV, drink a Bud and go to sleep. Wake up and do it again and NEVER question reality! Just do as you are told!

Well said PC :)

I was thinking something along those lines - that you have to be a bit of a zombie NOT to think about things like this. You don't want to be thinking about it your whole life but anyone with an active, curious mind does.

PanicCured
04-14-2015, 09:38 PM
He is thinking he may be separate from his body, we can't allow this to go on! He needs to be reeducated and re programmed before we let him back into society. Next he may actually start thinking the government is not made up of benevolent people who just want to help out of the goodness of their hearts. What will we do then?

gypsylee
04-15-2015, 05:37 AM
This.......

Im-Suffering
04-15-2015, 06:28 AM

This thread is not about the OP. That will sort itself out. Things are not always as they seem -

It is more about the conversation that developed (as a side-conversation) in the above 4 posts between GL and PC.

PC is learning empathy - in that a bedside manner is truly more important than the diagnosis itself. This lesson will get tighter and tighter (in all areas of his 'real' life, and to the 'real' self outside of these boards), like a vice grip, until it is learned. Through 'broken' relationships, unfulfilling work, stress, conflicts, and a yearning (internal) dissatisfaction.

For anyone to jump on that bandwagon with him, is destructive.

Keywords for this message board (in general) are tolerance, understanding, patience, acceptance, empathy, and good will. Those qualities add up to love. And love is essential to service and giving, or being of help. Not to say service cannot be born of frustration or hate - or conflict, misunderstanding, miscommunication, barriers, etc (atleast at the beginning, they could act as a motive or impetus for action). Those aspects will however (at the onset) bear unhealthy fruit, unclear, and from fear until one learns through experience the futility of his behavior. And fine-tunes himself.

From the OP:

"I cried this morning , wondering what is wrong with me."

To this, there should be an outpour of love, ideally. Believing you are heard (PanicCured) allows you to make your point from love, and move on knowing every utterance is from your heart, and can only benefit anyone who hears it.

There is no 'real' cure in PanicCured or anyone else until these qualities are perfected in self.

When you love unconditionally - even among hate, you are indeed 'cured'.

Until then, there will always be a nagging uneasiness within self

That if you must know, is anxiety. In proportion that the self is separated from love