PDA

View Full Version : Easter Candy and Me

Chauntecler
04-05-2015, 03:48 AM
So I had some Easter candy for the hell of it, little more than I should have had. Ended up getting a sugar rush that spiraled into anxiety because I forgot how it felt to have a sugar rush.

Sugar, sweets, and all that jazz just isn't something I eat.

Anyway, I feel like I have to give up this kind of stuff to continue healing.

ThisIsSomeRescue
04-05-2015, 05:48 AM
I gave up white sugar years ago and no regrets! I don't miss the way I used to feel, it's a dramatic enough difference to keep me away from the candy and cakes.

gypsylee
04-05-2015, 08:43 AM
So I had some Easter candy for the hell of it, little more than I should have had. Ended up getting a sugar rush that spiraled into anxiety because I forgot how it felt to have a sugar rush.

Sugar, sweets, and all that jazz just isn't something I eat.

Anyway, I feel like I have to give up this kind of stuff to continue healing.

I'm diabetic (Type 2 but insulin dependent) and can have blood sugar levels off the scale (literally) and not feel any different. I'm not saying it isn't a thing but yeah for me that's a problem because it's so easy to do without noticing. Giving up sugar is always a good idea though if you can do it.

jessed03
04-05-2015, 01:17 PM
For a long time after my initial breakdown, I remained really sensitive. If I went even slightly over what I could handle (which wasn't a lot), I'd pay. That went for sugar, alcohol, caffeine, etc. I became super boring, but heck, that was better than suffering.

Gotta do what you've got to do to get better. Happy Easter. :)

Chiliphil1
04-07-2015, 07:56 AM
I think this is one of the things that set me off again this time, a nice big handful of candy... I was feeling pretty good until I ate that.. What drives me crazy is that I hadn't had any anxiety in months and now I am on my 3rd day straight of it, almost non stop.