PDA

View Full Version : Taking Herbal Supplements w/ Cipralex

DavidHealing
04-05-2015, 03:39 AM
Hi, I've started taking a generic form of Cipralex (escitalopram oxalate), maybe called Lexapro in the US (I live in Canada), and also was wanting to take herbal supplements (many great ones suggested by a site member here).

Anyone here doing the same? Any pros & cons? Known drug interactions to watch out for, etc.?

Thanks for your thoughts & input.

David - newbie here

gypsylee
04-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Hi, I've started taking a generic form of Cipralex (escitalopram oxalate), maybe called Lexapro in the US (I live in Canada), and also was wanting to take herbal supplements (many great ones suggested by a site member here).

Anyone here doing the same? Any pros & cons? Known drug interactions to watch out for, etc.?

Thanks for your thoughts & input.

David - newbie here

Hi David and welcome :)

I take 20mg Lexapro. I also take fish oil capsules, multivitamins and some kind of calcium tablets. Then I drink herbal tea with Valerian and all sorts of herbs. But the only thing I've been advised by a doctor to take is the fish oil for cholesterol. I'm not much of a supplements person really - I think if you eat a healthy diet they're a bit of a waste of money. I also think exercise, breathing and meditation are more important, but you asked about supplements :)

Others will tell you differently but that's me.

Cheers,
Gypsy x

DavidHealing
04-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Thanks Gypsy, I appreciate you talking the time to respond to my post.

Cheers,
David