PDA

View Full Version : Do I have Intermittent Insomnia?

CastletonSnob
03-29-2015, 12:14 PM
Not sure where to put this thread, but here goes:

I'm worried I might have intermittent insomnia. I've started exercising during the day and getting off the computer an hour before bed, and it seems to help, but I still have trouble sleeping about once every two weeks.

Kuma
03-30-2015, 09:25 AM
Not sure where to put this thread, but here goes:

I'm worried I might have intermittent insomnia. I've started exercising during the day and getting off the computer an hour before bed, and it seems to help, but I still have trouble sleeping about once every two weeks.

Having trouble sleeping about once every two weeks is not very unusual. I don't know your age, but especially if you over 50 or so, I would say this is pretty common.

Worrying about whether you have "intermittent insomnia" might make it worse. Being anxious about having trouble sleeping might actually lead to more trouble sleeping. Instead, just realize you have something that many -- probably most -- other people have.

If it bothers you (which it must, to some extent, since you took the time to post here), you can Google "sleep hygiene" and get some suggestions, in addition to those you are already doing. These may help. Some people find chamomile (or passion flower) tea helpful too. There are also some over the counter or prescription medications that are available, if you feel like you need them. I use the teas or medications occasionally, when I need them. [Of course, I am not a doctor so nothing I say here should be taken as medical advice and I urge you to discuss all treatments with a medical professional before starting them]. Best wishes.

namaste87
03-30-2015, 02:29 PM
Sounds perfectly normal! Those nights when you can't sleep I recommend this, who helps even insomniac me :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2qD_TAcz0E

CastletonSnob
04-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Sorry to bump this topic, but I probably don't have insomnia?

I don't remember if I took a formula pill last week. But I did this week.

Do you think I have insomnia?

Im-Suffering
04-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Sorry to bump this topic, but I probably don't have insomnia?

I don't remember if I took a formula pill last week. But I did this week.

Do you think I have insomnia?

They are saying you don't, so now you can rest or sleep if you prefer.