PDA

View Full Version : Feeling anxious and chest pains

anxietyhelp
03-28-2015, 03:54 PM
I all am having chest pains tonight and feeling anxious.
Have not had these pains for a while and trying to remain calm. Had checks before and all ok.
Hate this horrible anxiety .

gypsylee
03-28-2015, 08:10 PM
I all am having chest pains tonight and feeling anxious.
Have not had these pains for a while and trying to remain calm. Had checks before and all ok.
Hate this horrible anxiety .

Try some deep breathing? :) I wrote a post on this somewhere..

Hope you feel better now.

raggamuffin
03-29-2015, 04:04 AM
Don't hate anxiety. You're responding with emotions to a situation which makes the situation and symptoms worse. You've done some rationalizing =- you've had the checks and you're fine and these pains have happened before. I'm sure you woke up the next day and still alive aren't you?

To tackle anxiety you need to be able to respond to situations and symptoms with a pragmatic and rational response. Don't go down the path of responding with emotions because you simply fire up the fight or flight response and make things worse on yourself and your body.

Anxiety doesn't weaken us or control us. We control anxiety and it's there to try and provoke change in our lives to help us better ourselves. You can overcome anxiety, but don't hate it - understand it. Allow your body to feel how it does, but work on your mind to help move past this anxious state. Treat your body with respect as it's your vehicle through life. Eat well, exercise and cut out processed foods and drinks. Respect your body and understand your mind and you'll feel much happier inside and out.

Take care.

Ed