PDA

View Full Version : The benefits of exercise and gym!

Charles Price
03-25-2015, 04:52 AM
I started hitting the gym about a week ago, it has completely lifted me of my anxiety. Since I have been working out mentally I feel sharper, my sleeping pattern is back to normal, I been having more vivid dreams and I feel more confident as a person. I have become used to having an elevated heart rate without thinking I'm going to die Lol
It's still early but so far it has worked for me.

UncleWibble
03-25-2015, 06:40 AM
Me too - though with the primary goal of losing some flab.

It definitely boosts the feelings of well being and the great thing is you don't have to talk to anyone :p

In most gyms I've been in people take their music in and mind their own business. You will from time to time find a few super-lycraheads and a Mr T but there are plenty of "normal" people too so no need to feel intimidated.

Good advice!

Jmillhimes
03-25-2015, 07:56 AM
Me too - though with the primary goal of losing some flab.

It definitely boosts the feelings of well being and the great thing is you don't have to talk to anyone :p

In most gyms I've been in people take their music in and mind their own business. You will from time to time find a few super-lycraheads and a Mr T but there are plenty of "normal" people too so no need to feel intimidated.

Good advice!

Cardio is awesome for stress and anxiety! I also recently hit the workout circuit! I Purchased some weights and a treadmill for my garage and let me tell you! I started 6 months ago at 290..I'm now 263

jessed03
03-25-2015, 08:13 AM
I'm glad to hear something is working for you!