PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Attack

CandyMan28
03-24-2015, 06:32 AM
I have been having severe anxiety attacks lately, and I need advice. It seems that I have been overreacting to so much lately and I need some advice. I have been in counseling for about 7 or 8 months and is really helping. I got off of Cymbalta which was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. My GP put me on Wellbutrin 75mg x 2 daily. It really helped a lot I have lost about 25 pounds, I am more energetic and I just feel more focused and upbeat, until last week. I cut the Wellbutrin back to once a day, and felt good the first week, the second week I was down but figure it would pass, the third week still down and irritable, the forth week I cracked, I went into full blown melt down. I had anxiety, near panic attacks, and could not shake them. I was overreacting to everything, and was not feeling myself at all. I called the Dr and she put me back on the dose that I was on. Now a week later I am still feeling anxious, not as bad but still feeling those attacks. I was thinking of calling the Dr. today and seeing if I could get something to take the edge off. I have had to go through withdrawals on multiple meds and I just don't want to get on something that I am going to have to get off of again.

I do exercise, I run and ride bike, I stay pretty active, but this has all just killed my mental energy and has just crippled me. Any advice that anyone has I am open for, I just want to get through this and get back to "normal".

Jmillhimes
03-24-2015, 09:36 AM
I have been having severe anxiety attacks lately, and I need advice. It seems that I have been overreacting to so much lately and I need some advice. I have been in counseling for about 7 or 8 months and is really helping. I got off of Cymbalta which was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. My GP put me on Wellbutrin 75mg x 2 daily. It really helped a lot I have lost about 25 pounds, I am more energetic and I just feel more focused and upbeat, until last week. I cut the Wellbutrin back to once a day, and felt good the first week, the second week I was down but figure it would pass, the third week still down and irritable, the forth week I cracked, I went into full blown melt down. I had anxiety, near panic attacks, and could not shake them. I was overreacting to everything, and was not feeling myself at all. I called the Dr and she put me back on the dose that I was on. Now a week later I am still feeling anxious, not as bad but still feeling those attacks. I was thinking of calling the Dr. today and seeing if I could get something to take the edge off. I have had to go through withdrawals on multiple meds and I just don't want to get on something that I am going to have to get off of again.

I do exercise, I run and ride bike, I stay pretty active, but this has all just killed my mental energy and has just crippled me. Any advice that anyone has I am open for, I just want to get through
this and get back to "normal".

Seems to me like your body went in complete shutdown mode after your knocked your dosage back! May have been to soon for that! Since you taking it again the way you were originally why not give it alittle more time to kick in! As for taking the edge off I use klonozipram at .05 when I have to and it works great

CandyMan28
03-24-2015, 10:03 AM
Thank you, I did call the Dr and ask if there was anything that she could give me that I would not be in rehab with and I will see what she comes up with. **fingers crossed**