PDA

View Full Version : Positive post, finally!

BrookeLynnnn
03-23-2015, 11:07 AM
I've been posting nothing but negative posts because that's been how my life was feeling lately.. But I wanna share some hope!

My mom & dad left out town yesterday morning (2 hours away) & I made it through the day! I also made it through the whole night! Now I'm confident I'll be okay today until they arrive home tonight. I honestly had no hope for myself. I had no idea how I could ever survive my mom being gone without any medication to aid me.

I didn't panic not once. Had a couple spurts of anxiety but nothing that lasted more than a couple seconds.
We gotta have more faith in ourselves.

Enjoy the day everyone! Today is a new day :)

gypsylee
03-23-2015, 07:15 PM
I've been posting nothing but negative posts because that's been how my life was feeling lately.. But I wanna share some hope!

My mom & dad left out town yesterday morning (2 hours away) & I made it through the day! I also made it through the whole night! Now I'm confident I'll be okay today until they arrive home tonight. I honestly had no hope for myself. I had no idea how I could ever survive my mom being gone without any medication to aid me.

I didn't panic not once. Had a couple spurts of anxiety but nothing that lasted more than a couple seconds.
We gotta have more faith in ourselves.

Enjoy the day everyone! Today is a new day :)

Excellent work Brooke :)

Kuma
03-23-2015, 07:29 PM
I love seeing people who are having a really hard time experience a breakthrough. And success builds on success. If you can do it once, you can do it a thousand times. That does not mean you won't have some hard days in the future (we all do). But when you have that experience, you will recall that you can overcome the challenges, and that will give you strength.

gypsylee
03-23-2015, 08:36 PM
I love seeing people who are having a really hard time experience a breakthrough. And success builds on success. If you can do it once, you can do it a thousand times. That does not mean you won't have some hard days in the future (we all do). But when you have that experience, you will recall that you can overcome the challenges, and that will give you strength.

Exactly. And Brooke's comment "we gotta have more faith in ourselves" is so true of anxiety sufferers. Low self-confidence is such a big part of this.

BrookeLynnnn
03-23-2015, 10:22 PM

Thank you! :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-23-2015, 10:23 PM

Thank you!