PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive thoughts

zomboy93
03-22-2015, 05:04 PM
Hey lately I been having intrusive thoughts about harming those close to me, It's starting to scare me. It's only occasionally I get these thoughts but a lot more recently and it's causing me to be anxious. Is this normal for people with severe anxiety? I'm not going insane am I?

Guywit2thumbs
03-23-2015, 07:25 PM
This is normal. One thing you have to remember is that these are just thoughts. I have had these myself and they scared the crap outta me. It seemed the more I worried about them the more frequent they got. A couple of google searches on intrusive thoughts brought me some comfort. One post really emphasized on how they were only thoughts that most people have. However people who suffer from anxiety tend to focus in on these things and cant let them go. Imagine yourself becoming rich beyond your wildest dreams. Just keep imagining it over and over. Sorry to disappoint you, but its not gonna happen just on those thoughts alone. Same goes with these thoughts. I know how anxiety feels like your losing control but trust me. You are very much in control. The fact that these thoughts scare you is a good sign. hang in there and I hope you feel better