PDA

View Full Version : STD's and I.......

jeffrocantona
03-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Although i feel anxiety has been my destiny for a while now, because mental illness does run through my mums side of the family and i have had it relentlessly for a good 14 years, i can't help but go back to the time i got genital warts from an unknown source when i was 21 years old, after getting them incinerated at my local incineration clinic, i happily embarked on my young care free bed hopping life style, yet here lies the rub(no pun intended), the warts kept coming back, and i gave them to a girl that i started having a serious relationship with, apart from the general embarrassment and strong feelings of guilt, the episode totally destroyed my fragile confidence, and suprisingly we broke up, i then got warts on my hands and read in a newspaper that females can get ovarian cancer from the wart virus, well this was it, my life was over and i was walking around feeling like i needed to be wearing a radiation suit to not kill everyone i looked at, i felt i would ruin peoples lives just by coming into contact with them, deeply weird i know, although i have talked at length with doctors and cbt workers, and done a lot of cbt techniques to quell these worries, i can never help but feel a deep pang of regret when i go back to that unknown source i met on some drunken drug fuelled night out when i was in the budding years of my adult life and think how different i may have turned out had i missed the bus or got turned away from which ever club it was i met those fateful little harmless sots in!!..

gypsylee
03-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Although i feel anxiety has been my destiny for a while now, because mental illness does run through my mums side of the family and i have had it relentlessly for a good 14 years, i can't help but go back to the time i got genital warts from an unknown source when i was 21 years old, after getting them incinerated at my local incineration clinic, i happily embarked on my young care free bed hopping life style, yet here lies the rub(no pun intended), the warts kept coming back, and i gave them to a girl that i started having a serious relationship with, apart from the general embarrassment and strong feelings of guilt, the episode totally destroyed my fragile confidence, and suprisingly we broke up, i then got warts on my hands and read in a newspaper that females can get ovarian cancer from the wart virus, well this was it, my life was over and i was walking around feeling like i needed to be wearing a radiation suit to not kill everyone i looked at, i felt i would ruin peoples lives just by coming into contact with them, deeply weird i know, although i have talked at length with doctors and cbt workers, and done a lot of cbt techniques to quell these worries, i can never help but feel a deep pang of regret when i go back to that unknown source i met on some drunken drug fuelled night out when i was in the budding years of my adult life and think how different i may have turned out had i missed the bus or got turned away from which ever club it was i met those fateful little harmless sots in!!..

I had to laugh at "after getting them incinerated.." :)

Warts are a very common virus and they can be really stubborn. My brother had them on his hands when he was young and it was a huge saga - no matter what he did they kept coming back.

So the idea that you ruin people's lives just by coming into contact with them is a bit silly. You know that but I just thought I'd reinforce it. We all did dumb things when we were young!

Cheers,
Gypsy x

Chauntecler
03-20-2015, 09:48 PM
Warts are a very common virus and they can be really stubborn.

Used to have a one on my thumb that wouldn't go away with all the treatments I used. Ended up digging it out with a knife, the hard way. It never came back.

*puts on sunglasses*

Yeah.

Goomba
03-20-2015, 10:39 PM
Used to have a one on my thumb that wouldn't go away with all the treatments I used. Ended up digging it out with a knife, the hard way. It never came back.

*puts on sunglasses*

Yeah.

LOL. Thanks for that.

gypsylee
03-21-2015, 01:01 AM

*puts on sunglasses*

Yeah.

LOL. Rock on.

jeffrocantona
03-21-2015, 06:37 AM
Thank you Gypsy Lee!! Yea although i've always known they are a harmless thing deep down it's amazing how much getting them reoccuring affected me over the years, it was like the end of the world everytime i had to do an inspection to see if they'd come back or not, and still is, it's just something i've had to accept as being part of my life whether i like it or not, i know a few people who've had them who have not been that bothered, but they can affect you badly if you have that anxious inclination as i do!!
Thanks for taking time to reply as always x

jeffrocantona
03-21-2015, 06:39 AM

*puts on sunglasses*

Yeah.

Haha nice, don't think a knife would've been the best tool for the job for where I had them, or maybe it would have led to an easier life , who knows!!!

gypsylee
03-21-2015, 09:25 PM
Haha nice, don't think a knife would've been the best tool for the job for where I had them, or maybe it would have led to an easier life , who knows!!!

LOL probably ;)