PDA

View Full Version : Almost 22 weeks pregnant now

BrookeLynnnn
03-18-2015, 02:53 PM
It's been awhile since I've post here. Getting farther along.. It's starting to get scary again. Anxiety is creeping in.

Just need some uplifting words please! Thank you

gypsylee
03-18-2015, 04:21 PM
It's been awhile since I've post here. Getting farther along.. It's starting to get scary again. Anxiety is creeping in.

Hi Brooke :)

So over half way. What are you most anxious about?

I'm not sure where you live but there are always plenty of services for new mothers out there. They don't just leave you to fend for yourself once you have a baby.

Have you got supportive family and friends?

If I can get through it, anyone can lol.

Bye for now,
Gypsy x

BrookeLynnnn
03-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Thank you!!

& it's weird but I'm afraid of getting farther along & bigger & freaking out. The thought of a baby growing inside me had always scared me.

I get anxiety about things I can't control.. Pregnancy I absolutely have no control over. Its scary. What if I freak out & want the baby out? I just worry about that so much..

gypsylee
03-18-2015, 05:03 PM
Thank you!!

& it's weird but I'm afraid of getting farther along & bigger & freaking out. The thought of a baby growing inside me had always scared me.

I get anxiety about things I can't control.. Pregnancy I absolutely have no control over. Its scary. What if I freak out & want the baby out? I just worry about that so much..

Try and think about how amazing it is that you're growing a little person. By 22 weeks you'll be feeling him or her move? That's just an awesome feeling. I used to have a bath every night and play music to the baby and try to work out which songs she liked by how much she moved. Sometimes I wish I could do it again (I'm 41 and have had my tubes tied). So yeah, it is beyond your control but you can control how you feel about it.

:)

NixonRulz
03-18-2015, 05:24 PM

Hiya, Brooke. Good to see you again.

F Anxiety. You focus on baby now. That is real. Anxiety is not.

You know that.

ThisIsSomeRescue
03-18-2015, 05:25 PM
Hi and congrats! When I was pregnant with my third baby I listened to a pregnancy relaxation CD. It was called Hypnobabies Joyful Pregnancy Affirmations. It came in a set with other CDs that had hypnotic inductions, but I only needed the affirmations. You might find something like that helpful. I would play it while I rested in the afternoon or when going to bed. It was very comforting.

BrookeLynnnn
03-18-2015, 07:48 PM
Try and think about how amazing it is that you're growing a little person. By 22 weeks you'll be feeling him or her move? That's just an awesome feeling. I used to have a bath every night and play music to the baby and try to work out which songs she liked by how much she moved. Sometimes I wish I could do it again (I'm 41 and have had my tubes tied). So yeah, it is beyond your control but you can control how you feel about it.

Yes I feel him move now :)

I need to try the bath thing. My mom has health anxiety so she doesn't let me bathe while being pregnant lol

BrookeLynnnn
03-18-2015, 07:49 PM

Hiya, Brooke. Good to see you again.

F Anxiety. You focus on baby now. That is real. Anxiety is not.

You know that.

Ughhhh I know. You're right. Lol why do we let our mind control us? Blahhh

BrookeLynnnn
03-18-2015, 07:49 PM

Hi and congrats! When I was pregnant with my third baby I listened to a pregnancy relaxation CD. It was called Hypnobabies Joyful Pregnancy Affirmations. It came in a set with other CDs that had hypnotic inductions, but I only needed the affirmations. You might find something like that helpful. I would play it while I rested in the afternoon or when going to bed. It was very comforting.

I would love to try this! I'm going to look for a CD :) thank you!

Goomba
03-18-2015, 07:59 PM
Secretly...

We don't have control over anything.

Its all just a game we play.

Giving up control, will put you in control - think on it.

gypsylee
03-18-2015, 08:15 PM
I would love to try this! I'm going to look for a CD :) thank you!

You could listen to this CD in the bath :D

ThisIsSomeRescue
03-19-2015, 07:29 AM
You could listen to this CD in the bath :D

Yes! You reminded me that my midwife had me taking a bath about three times a week in my last trimester. She said adding apple cider vinegar to the bath water would prevent group b strep. I have no idea if that's true but I was more than happy to comply with prescribed baths! I'm sure looking back that must have helped keep me calm. Most of my labor with my last two was in a warm bath and it was lovely and very relaxed.