PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

violetmoon
03-17-2015, 01:43 PM
ok, first off, I never know what to say to introduce myself and I usually just ramble off hahaha so bear with me.
Im in my 40's. I have four kids, one already moved out. One almost ready to leave the nest and two still in highschool. I'm an author and write YA novels, which is a weird anxiety filled profession in its own right, but I am trying to work through it.

I have had anxiety and panic attacks my whole life but in the last ten years they have really gotten a lot worse. Ever since my mom passed away as she was my go to person and the only one I could really talk to about things with out feeling like I was being judged. Ocd and depression as well although with me they all go hand in hand.

Not sure what else to say other then I hope to post here a lot and try some new ideas that I am finding here to help cope. Im on Effexor right now but its just not working so Im back to the doc on Thursday for something different. Which is filling me with such dread and anxiety right now, uggh.
Anyhow, nice to meet you and I wish everyone a good day.

gypsylee
03-17-2015, 04:34 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

jeffrocantona
03-18-2015, 04:25 PM
ok, first off, I never know what to say to introduce myself and I usually just ramble off hahaha so bear with me.
Im in my 40's. I have four kids, one already moved out. One almost ready to leave the nest and two still in highschool. I'm an author and write YA novels, which is a weird anxiety filled profession in its own right, but I am trying to work through it.

I have had anxiety and panic attacks my whole life but in the last ten years they have really gotten a lot worse. Ever since my mom passed away as she was my go to person and the only one I could really talk to about things with out feeling like I was being judged. Ocd and depression as well although with me they all go hand in hand.

Not sure what else to say other then I hope to post here a lot and try some new ideas that I am finding here to help cope. Im on Effexor right now but its just not working so Im back to the doc on Thursday for something different. Which is filling me with such dread and anxiety right now, uggh.
Anyhow, nice to meet you and I wish everyone a good day.
Hi there,

In a similar way to you i came on here a few weeks ago fed up with my meds and feeling stuck in a rut, but this forum can really help you, you can really open up your heart on here and not worry about being judged, theres some really nice and cool people on here too,
By the way what are YA novels?
I have tried 5 different medications now, citalopram, escitalopram, duloxetine, venlafaxine and now fluoxetine, which i think are prozac, they seem about the best i've had although only been on them a couple months and i do truly believe that talking and communicating are much more effective than any chemical,
Anyway take care and hope you find it a help on here :]

Guywit2thumbs
03-20-2015, 10:35 PM
Nice to meet you. Sorry to hear about your mother. I have a go to person in my life and I often think about what I would do if something were to happen to them. I can't even imagine what you've been through. Hopefully this place helps you. I have a psychiatrist meeting tomorrow that i'm dreading so I get what your feeling. Good luck and nice to meet you. Also I love your job!