PDA

View Full Version : A "hello" from Japan

MattS.
03-16-2015, 02:15 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Matt, I live with my family in Japan since 2005. Moved there from London.
My native country is Germany.
I`m suffering from anxiety, depression and OCD since at least 1999.
Never had any real treatment for it apart from 1 session with a psychiatrist in 2000 back in Hamburg, but I figured after that one session that I won`t be able to get on with that guy.
So since then I`m getting on with my life without any medication or counselling.
But now things are really bad again and I decided to get some help or support from like minded people.

Chauntecler
03-16-2015, 02:48 AM
Welcome to the group. Hope you can find some help here.

gypsylee
03-16-2015, 03:18 AM
Hi Matt and welcome to the forum :)

jessed03
03-16-2015, 04:09 AM
Hey Matt! Welcome.

What are the attitudes to mental health like over there. I know the suicide rates are pretty high.

MattS.
03-16-2015, 05:45 AM
Hey Matt! Welcome.

What are the attitudes to mental health like over there. I know the suicide rates are pretty high.
It`s complicated in the sense that nobody talks about it in public. And most of the time you get pills right away, something I`m still trying to stay away from.

jeffrocantona
03-19-2015, 02:55 PM
It`s complicated in the sense that nobody talks about it in public. And most of the time you get pills right away, something I`m still trying to stay away from.

Hi Matt
hope you can find some solace on here mate, and even though i am on medication, i would advise to use it only after you have tried all other avenues, as therapies such as CBT, talking therapies(with someone you trust) and finding support on places like this are much more effective, it must be hard living in a different culture and country with anxiety, i always found it difficult even living in london and i'm only from up north in manchester, sometimes venting your frustrations, worries and anxieties can really help,
Take care
Bry

Ahlstrom
03-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Konnichiwa Maruku-San. Nihon ga sukidesu.