PDA

View Full Version : Situational panic and PTSD- Withdrawing from Lexapro

Jill Rs
03-15-2015, 10:09 PM
Hello, I am 39 yo female, living abroad in Thailand. Last October I started to suffer panic attacks after my Boyfriend has a few massive seizures in front of me(back in August) where I had no one to help me much less understand I needed an ambulance. That left me in a state of complete agitation and fright for a few months, it truly looked like he was under some demonic possession, and the sounds he made while seizing stay with me in the pit of my stomach. I cannot get them out of my head the noises or the visuals.

I started to take 10 Mg. Lexapro in late November seeing that I could not control the panic. Instantly felt better and enjoyed life once again. After 7 weeks of a lot of meditation and calming/relaxation techniques I knew I could come off the Lexapro. I did not one to be one of those people that stuffer so bad from withdrawals once they decide to come off they end up going back on. So I tapered down according to my Psych. doc and all was well until 2 weeks after my last dose. It's been 7 weeks since that last pill and every week I have new crazy symptoms that are making me think i have something much worse than some anxiety.

I was only on Lex. for 7 weeks at 10mgs, no other drugs at all. Is it normal to feel so awful. Constant tingling/burning all over my body, weird heavy head, palpitations and rushes of adrenaline for no reason that make me feel like i'm going to start convulsing and the muscle twinges/spasms that last for days.

Please, someone, is this right??

JustaGal
03-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Hello, I am 39 yo female, living abroad in Thailand. Last October I started to suffer panic attacks after my Boyfriend has a few massive seizures in front of me(back in August) where I had no one to help me much less understand I needed an ambulance. That left me in a state of complete agitation and fright for a few months, it truly looked like he was under some demonic possession, and the sounds he made while seizing stay with me in the pit of my stomach. I cannot get them out of my head the noises or the visuals.

I started to take 10 Mg. Lexapro in late November seeing that I could not control the panic. Instantly felt better and enjoyed life once again. After 7 weeks of a lot of meditation and calming/relaxation techniques I knew I could come off the Lexapro. I did not one to be one of those people that stuffer so bad from withdrawals once they decide to come off they end up going back on. So I tapered down according to my Psych. doc and all was well until 2 weeks after my last dose. It's been 7 weeks since that last pill and every week I have new crazy symptoms that are making me think i have something much worse than some anxiety.

I was only on Lex. for 7 weeks at 10mgs, no other drugs at all. Is it normal to feel so awful. Constant tingling/burning all over my body, weird heavy head, palpitations and rushes of adrenaline for no reason that make me feel like i'm going to start convulsing and the muscle twinges/spasms that last for days.

I got the adrenaline rushes after stopping lexapro to the extreme. I went back on it, I was on for 12 years though. If you decide to stay off, just burn off the adrenaline with excercise, and eat clean.

gypsylee
03-17-2015, 06:57 AM

Well this doesn't sound quite right to me. But neither does "instantly felt better". Some people have a brain chemistry that doesn't react the same as the majority to SSRIs. Have you spoken to a doctor about this?