PDA

View Full Version : Medication problems

AgentAhna
08-11-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm having a problem with my medication: Prozac. I'm taking it (and Kolonipin) for anxiety and panic attacks.

I'm only on 10mg. but i'm having really bad thoughts and my nightmares/panic attacks have gotten worse. I talked to my doctor, but she wants me to continue taking it. Is there anything I can do to make these side effects go away? I had a similar experience with Wellbutrin, and i'm wondering if there's any similarities between the two medicines that could be causing this.
I've been taking them for about a month now with no decrease in the severity of these side effects. I also get very lathargic and tired (even though I take them with dinner at night)
I'm also 18 if that has anything to do with it

Any advice? Or has anyone had a similar experience?

Thank you,
Ahna

Robbed
08-11-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm only on 10mg. but i'm having really bad thoughts and my nightmares/panic attacks have gotten worse. I talked to my doctor, but she wants me to continue taking it.

This is why I HATE medications and the health care system SO much. My advice is to dump both the medications AND your doctor. The fact that you had a bad experience with Wellburtin suggests that maybe you should try a non-pharmaceutical approach to this whole problem. If you feel like you need professional help, see if you can find a therapist who is actually willing to work with people who opt out of medication (and not many are). It may be a chore to find a good therapist AND work your way through your anxiety problem. But I REALLY think you CAN prevail - especially without the 'aid' of medications.