PDA

View Full Version : Self-Help and Coping Tips to Overcome Anxiety

justine74
03-15-2015, 03:34 AM
Hi guys,

I'm a fairly new member so I decided to create this thread to find out what are the best practices people in here are using to fight their "anxiety demons". If any of you have some successes regarding this, you would like to share, would be great to hear from you! :-) many thanks!

missedlink
07-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Hi!
There are several methods you can use to overcome an attack, or to avoid having them. There are basically two families of methods: those who activate your body (exercise, because the generated chemicals of your body will destroy the ones that cause anxiety) and those who activate your mind (meditation, breathing...) that will make you calmer and avoid stress.

You can read a little bit more about it here (http://missedlink.com/7-effective-ways-stop-anxiety/), for example.

MainerMikeBrown
07-27-2015, 05:31 PM
I'm on a medication called Clozaril. And although the Clozaril often makes my hands shake when I get nervous, this medication does a good job at keeping me calm in general.

In the past, I've seen psychotherapists who have given me advice about how to stay calm that I've been using for a number of years now. I tell myself that if their is nothing I can do about something that's bothering me, then their is no point in worrying about it. I tell myself to worry about things I can control, don't worry about things I cannot control, and have the wisdom and smarts to know the difference.

Also, I tell myself to take life one moment at a time...for the most part.