PDA

View Full Version : New here 😁

Anxiousteen
03-15-2015, 01:24 AM
So last night as I was driven by anxiety and started having a panic attack I realised there was nobody whom I could talk to and tell how I feel who will actually understand.
I have wonderful friends but they do not understand anxiety or depression.
It's really hard for me to make them understand even the slightest thing about anxiety. They say 'what are you so worried and scared of all the time? You have a perfect life, people have it much worse than you, their are people struggling for their life'. That just makes me feel worse. How do I make them see I'm struggling for my life too? Having depression and anxiety makes it so hard for me to live.

I'm so glad I found this forum with people who will understand exactly what I'm talking about, like when I say I like people but crowd triggers my anxiety, you'll understand and support me.
Hopefully I'll find positivity here (:

gypsylee
03-15-2015, 05:10 AM
Hello and welcome :)

Yes we are very anxious here lol.

Anxiousteen
03-15-2015, 08:10 AM
Yeah :P
I've never met or talked to somebody with anxiety (none I've been aware about atleast) so you are officially the first one. So hi. :P

SimsChic11
03-23-2015, 11:32 AM
Hi! I also have great friends and I love them dearly but I never really can talk about it and them understand me. I know it is hard living with anxiety too and I also struggle, so you are not alone :).

jessed03
03-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Yeah :P
I've never met or talked to somebody with anxiety (none I've been aware about atleast) so you are officially the first one. So hi. :P

Yeah, we try and stay underground where it's safe for us. We rarely venture above ground where the normal people live. :p

gypsylee
03-31-2015, 12:11 AM
Yeah, we try and stay underground where it's safe for us. We rarely venture above ground where the normal people live. :p

True this...

jessed03
03-31-2015, 12:04 PM
True this...

Real women don't say "true this".

gypsylee
03-31-2015, 07:02 PM
Oh really?! Are you still brooding about the quiche thing?? LOL.

StephanieKK
03-31-2015, 08:00 PM
I'm here for you. Nobody understands me. Ilost almost all of my friends and i'm a fat freak. I gained so much weight on these antidepressants and just being anxious i hate it. i wish i could get back into my fit lifestyle but that's a long shot away.

jessed03
04-01-2015, 07:23 AM
I'm here for you. Nobody understands me. Ilost almost all of my friends and i'm a fat freak. I gained so much weight on these antidepressants and just being anxious i hate it. i wish i could get back into my fit lifestyle but that's a long shot away.

That sucks, Steph. Which ones are you taking?

StephanieKK
04-06-2015, 05:19 PM
i was on citalopram (celexa) but recently switched to pristiq. not sure how much i lik eit.

superchick22684
04-14-2015, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the forum Anxiousteen. I also have anxiety and depression and can relate to your situation of not having people that understand it. I have a very small group of friends that I associate with and only a few of them know about my anxiety and depression. My parents grew up in an era where being medicated for mental health issues wasn't a very accepted thing so I've chosen not to share anything with them. Due to my age that hasn't presented a problem because legally I'm an adult. Once again welcome to the forum.