PDA

View Full Version : General feeling of anxiety tonight

just_rob85
03-12-2015, 10:06 PM
While I have at least a dozen specific things to worry about, tonight I am very keyed up about nothing in particular. You know I've got this feeling of urgency like something just isn't right or anything could happen at any minute and I must do something. Most of the time when my anxiety kicks in I have something in particular that's bugging me but every now and then I get this vague sense of doom. I've been up since 6 this morning, I'm very tired and I just want to fall asleep but I know that's going to be hard. Is anyone else like this? What are your theories as to why this is happening? Maybe I've repressed all my specific fears but they're still trying to come out? Tomorrow I'll probably be worrying about something specific but tonight it's about everything and nothing all at once. I prayed to God to give me peace and since I did that it has eased a little bit. Are there any other coping skills that someone can recommend for times like this?

Chauntecler
03-12-2015, 10:12 PM
I get this sometimes; anxiety for no particular reason. Maybe there is something there, in the back of our mind that we're just not really aware of.

gypsylee
03-12-2015, 10:25 PM
While I have at least a dozen specific things to worry about, tonight I am very keyed up about nothing in particular. You know I've got this feeling of urgency like something just isn't right or anything could happen at any minute and I must do something. Most of the time when my anxiety kicks in I have something in particular that's bugging me but every now and then I get this vague sense of doom. I've been up since 6 this morning, I'm very tired and I just want to fall asleep but I know that's going to be hard. Is anyone else like this? What are your theories as to why this is happening? Maybe I've repressed all my specific fears but they're still trying to come out? Tomorrow I'll probably be worrying about something specific but tonight it's about everything and nothing all at once. I prayed to God to give me peace and since I did that it has eased a little bit. Are there any other coping skills that someone can recommend for times like this?

This is kind of the definition of generalised anxiety disorder :)

Sometimes our nervous systems get so "worked up" we just feel on edge for no reason. I'm like this all the time - not as bad now as I used to be but yeah.

Deep breathing can help when you're like this and/or physical exercise.

Cheers,
Gypsy x