PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys.

Shereshoy
03-09-2015, 09:34 AM
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to this forum and was recommended it by a friend who also suffers from anxiety. I figured I'd sort of vent my situation and my frustration to you all in the hopes that I can pluck some courage and some wisdom from yourselves, because quite frankly I am tired of feeling alone, emotionally weary and depressed because it's having an impact on my life and because right now more than ever, I just feel alone and useless.

To give you all a bit of my background, I am a student at a university who suffers from ADHD and Aspergers. I've recently read that traits relating to depression and anxiety are common in Aspergers and ADHD sufferers, and I believe this to be true as for most of my life I have often found my circumstances have become a hellish nightmare because anxiety and depression kick in and leave me feeling worthless and like I shouldn't be on this planet.

I have failed two consecutive years of my law degree and despite coming back each time, working harder and harder, I have found myself consistently in what I call 'The pit' which is a state of worthlessness and nothing because my career ambitions, life goals and general sense of self worth seem so far from what I think I can achieve. It's lead me to become dependent on a drug for relaxation and to just escape from the nightmare that is reality, friendships and general life - and all the while I have had to cope and live with the symptoms of anxiety and depression.

I have gone from becoming a bright, talented and open individual with a wide circle of friends to more or less a recluse that is focused on trying to rebuild his year and to make it whilst juggling the iron balls of anxiety and depression. And after losing my best friend this week to a situation that I would give anything in the world to repair, I have found myself once more in 'The pit' and have no other choice but to reach out to you guys in the hope that as I said, I can take something away and get back on my feet.

I'm sorry if this is sudden and if I have not worded this post properly, I'm just not having a good day today.

Thank you.

NixonRulz
03-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to this forum and was recommended it by a friend who also suffers from anxiety. I figured I'd sort of vent my situation and my frustration to you all in the hopes that I can pluck some courage and some wisdom from yourselves, because quite frankly I am tired of feeling alone, emotionally weary and depressed because it's having an impact on my life and because right now more than ever, I just feel alone and useless.

To give you all a bit of my background, I am a student at a university who suffers from ADHD and Aspergers. I've recently read that traits relating to depression and anxiety are common in Aspergers and ADHD sufferers, and I believe this to be true as for most of my life I have often found my circumstances have become a hellish nightmare because anxiety and depression kick in and leave me feeling worthless and like I shouldn't be on this planet.

I have failed two consecutive years of my law degree and despite coming back each time, working harder and harder, I have found myself consistently in what I call 'The pit' which is a state of worthlessness and nothing because my career ambitions, life goals and general sense of self worth seem so far from what I think I can achieve. It's lead me to become dependent on a drug for relaxation and to just escape from the nightmare that is reality, friendships and general life - and all the while I have had to cope and live with the symptoms of anxiety and depression.

I have gone from becoming a bright, talented and open individual with a wide circle of friends to more or less a recluse that is focused on trying to rebuild his year and to make it whilst juggling the iron balls of anxiety and depression. And after losing my best friend this week to a situation that I would give anything in the world to repair, I have found myself once more in 'The pit' and have no other choice but to reach out to you guys in the hope that as I said, I can take something away and get back on my feet.

I'm sorry if this is sudden and if I have not worded this post properly, I'm just not having a good day today.

Thank you.

I am tired of feeling alone, emotionally weary and depressed because it's having an impact on my life and because right now more than ever, I just feel alone and useless.

This sentence really shows how you are struggling. The beginning it appears that you are so tired of this nonsense and are ready to kick it's ass. Then sadly, you end writing you feel alone and useless.

With that mindset, not many great things will happen. Much like people that fear panic attacks. If you think you will panic, you will.

My wife is an attorney so I understand after watching her go through law school and pass the bar, that is not easy. I say it would be easy to my wife. Just so she doesn't think how much smarter she is than me. By the way, she by all means is.

How do you want to look at it? I can't do anything right so I am going to bitch and moan and feel sorry for myself, or............The third time is a f*****g charm and I will slay any exam at school. In fact, any course, problem, person, etc....that dares to come against me wish it never did. I can beat down adversity regardless of what or when it appears.

Where the mind goes, energy flows. You aren't worthless. Only you think you are.

But I have faith that you can change quickly. It is all in the attitude.

Don't wait for your circumstances to change, change your circumstances

Wish you well

gypsylee
03-09-2015, 07:30 PM

Thank you.

Hi Shereshoy and welcome :)

You've come to the right place! We are the most anxious people on the whole internet ;)

Hope to see you round,
Gypsy x