PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Attacks when Driving, feel like passing out

bluelinebrotha
03-09-2015, 07:04 AM
{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Dele ted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{ Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}

jessed03
03-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Have you ever passed out before due to anxiety?

bluelinebrotha
03-09-2015, 06:34 PM
{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Dele ted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}{ Deleted}{Deleted}{Deleted}

trinidiva
03-10-2015, 06:49 AM
My first panic attack happened while stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, driving home from work with my infant son in the backseat. It was the scariest experience ever. Ever since that point, driving got difficult for me. I started getting alot of the same symptoms you listed in your earlier post. It got to a point where I could barely drive anymore because I let my anxiety take over every time I got behind the wheel. It was really quite sad because I used to enjoy long road trips... anyway, it got to a point where I had to actually stomp my foot and say that I REFUSED to let anxiety take away my independence of driving. It was extremely hard...and I did get brief vertigo spells and panic attacks on the road....but I would just pull over, do some breathing exercises, calm myself, and keep going. I am not back to normal yet...but I AM doing much better than I was a few years ago. Here's my advice, take the bull by the horns. Don't allow your anxiety to control you by avoiding the situation because you will end up like me....not being able to drive across the street to the market. Get out there, DRIVE...even if it is uncomfortable. Trust me, it will get easier and easier as you continue to drive. One piece of advice....give yourself plenty of time if you need to go somewhere...so if you NEED to pull over, you have time to do so. When you are in the carpool, engage in conversation, keep yourself "distracted" in a way so you don't spend the whole ride worrying about anxiety.

bluelinebrotha
03-10-2015, 01:33 PM
[deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted]

Two One
03-10-2015, 05:36 PM
As someone whose had some of his worst panic attacks in front of his friends and family, don't be embarrassed. If you think seeing a psychiatrist is in your best interest you should do it. I encourage it. It may take a few times to find the right one. I had to go through a couple before I found the right one, but when I did she and my therapist saved my life.

Oddly enough, having a panic attack while driving has always been something that concerns me. I do a lot of driving. Sometimes my stomach will get a little nervous, and my muscles will tense up but thankfully I've never experienced full blown panic while driving.

bluelinebrotha
03-10-2015, 05:44 PM
[deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted]

bluelinebrotha
03-17-2015, 11:03 AM
[deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted][deleted]

DollyD
03-17-2015, 11:46 AM
I had my first anxiety attack in the car. Was driving otw bk to college. I told my brother to drive me to the hospital. I wouldn't drive for 3 weeks. Then I forced myself to. Then was diagnosed. This was 10 yes ago. My anxiety is bk now. I'm usually OK in cars unless triggered but I have attacks mainly at night. It's a terrible feeling. I wont take long trips anymore. Especially if its a major country area and I live in SC so the majority is country. I like to be near hospitals since I feel death is approaching