PDA

View Full Version : Positive attributes from Anxiety?

Ponder
03-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Everyone seems good at talking about the negative attributes, I wonder if anyone would care to discuss the positive side to feeling anxious? Is there any?

JustaGal
03-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Everyone seems good at talking about the negative attributes, I wonder if anyone would care to discuss the positive side to feeling anxious? Is there any?

the body is telling us something needs to be addressed...that is a positive

Ponder
03-03-2015, 10:47 PM
Yep. I'd go as far as to say, totally natural. :)

If we are not careful, at the current rate of panic regarding anxiety ... we'll end up popping pills at reemerging natural instincts. lol

Thanks JustaGal.

There is a talk coming up next week about anxiety. Just fishing around a bit.

JustaGal
03-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Yep. I'd go as far as to say, totally natural. :)

If we are not careful, at the current rate of panic regarding anxiety ... we'll end up popping pills at reemerging natural instincts. lol

Thanks JustaGal.

There is a talk coming up next week about anxiety. Just fishing around a bit.

Ha! It is a great question, something has to come out of the suffering and money spent!

jessed03
03-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Hey Dave, good to see you again!

Well... It made my mind a lot more perceptive. My powers of rationality became a lot better after navigating the whole anxiety thing.

Other than that it was a misery that exhausted me and drained me of every drop of life. :)

jessed03
03-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Oh, and I got to meet all of you great people. That wouldn't have happened if I'd have "stayed sane"!

Ponder
03-05-2015, 12:43 AM
Hi Jesse, good points. TY.

"My powers of rationality became a lot better after navigating the whole anxiety thing."

​I really like that. How we deal with it is key and giving recognition to what works and what does not for us personally, I find is far better than repeating the term Anxiety like some kind of evil demon that is responsible for everything. Anxiety related this, Anxiety related that!

Perception is everything ... it's our reality whether we choose it or not. Choice is another cop out term often thrown in the face of others with a negative spin. Rarely is choice talked about in a positive light - it's more like a trumpet blown by those with boundless energy who have all the answers for just $09.95. Subscribe Now! LOL - arrr Ponder and his Jokes again.

Seriously - Anxiety really is just another fact of life. I think we fear it more than we should. "Hey Anxiety, let's be friends. Whadya Say?"

No more crying and bitching about everything little thing that disrupts our peace. Alas - we cling to such negative things. Behavioral patterns and all that. It's the only chemical reaction many of us know.

More positive experiences is what I need Jesse. I gave away a pretty decent achromatic refractor telescope on my wife's "Things For Free" community group/social network webpage. It felt good. The recipient/Parent that came to pick it up gave me a letter from her child after I gave her a run down on how to use it. I told her I would read it later and I did. For me, that is how we humans should be more like.

I don't mean to blow my horn about scoring heaven points or anything like that. I am far from that kind of person. I am seen as a fairly pessimistic person - cynical and all that. Fact is - many of us are not all that way at all. Which is exactly why I want to talk about the positive aspect to Anxiety.

I have often handed out sarcastic remarks to the Possy Wossy chanters that sell positivity as their only way to get through the day, to be successful, prosper and win win win. Fact is, I have never said being positive is a bad thing - I've just been bitching about longer than I have been, with giving it a chance. I think it's clear many of us have been. Being Positive is no doubt a key attribute to well being. Being positive is so effective that you only need to be a little bit positive for it to work. Making it more routine is far better than spamming it though. That is to say, if only one positive act once a week for months to follow, is far better than say finding Jesus or having an enlightening experience that sends us off on a mission. Manic episodes I guess.

So what's Anxiety got to do with all that babbling - Nothing ... Just saying why I am looking for something positive in something so many people see as all bad.

Talking about manic - I got to fly ...

Back later Jesse. Like wise ... Nice to see you as always too.

Later. ;)

Ponder
03-05-2015, 01:27 AM
Positive -

I know it's time I can tap into some form of motivation.

I know it's time to move on.

I know it's time to breath.

It reminds me of what is true and what is not.

It reminds me I am not dead.

In fact; life seems pretty dull without anxiety. ;)

Junz
03-11-2015, 03:05 AM
lets me know im not suppose to do something

Ponder
03-11-2015, 04:28 AM
Right On Junz - I like it when said like that!

Right now, mine is telling me I need to ease up with things I no longer believe in. I really got to move on with that. Entirely my issue.

ANYWAYS Junz ... Hows the forum been treating you?

Has it been helpful finding the place?

Dahila
03-11-2015, 08:20 AM
I would think that anxiety made us more sensitive to others suffering. We suffer ourselves, I like the thread , second one today. Welcome back Ponder, and do not cease to entertain us with fantastic threads. ;)

Anxiousteen
03-15-2015, 12:58 AM
I love how this thread aims to look at another side of anxiety :')

Zena
04-09-2015, 04:31 AM
I think my anxiety has helped to shape me into a really compassionate person who is very considerate of others and their feelings.

Im-Suffering
04-09-2015, 05:44 AM
This message is for any reader, not just the one quoted, which is used merely as an example.

I think my anxiety has helped to shape me into a really compassionate person who is very considerate of others and their feelings.

Epiphany ! There is a rhyme and reason. In this case, empathy.

But be aware (beware) - Not only must someone 'think' they are this or that, but begin to experience it, first hand in concrete terms. You must 'believe it'. Any idea of yourself must take root, then you can 'flesh it out' or test it against feedback from your peers

The mind originally fleshed out anxiety in your life, based on a number of mental ideas about self and the world, you see? So the imagination is ever so important in reversing any unwanted condition that itself has created.

Now, one does not need to learn all of their lessons through pain, suffering, and hardship. But that is another 'bigger' lesson. There is a famous human saying, 'take the easy road, or the hard one'. But who listened to that?

Because there is another famous 'human' saying :

'Nothing good in life comes easy' which cancels the rather beneficial one that says 'the easy road can lead to just as much fulfillment'.

If someone believes 'nothing in life comes easy' then they better pack their bags for the hard road. Either way, it is merely a human saying (someones interpretation of experience) with no foundation in innate fact.

Chiliphil1
04-09-2015, 08:17 AM
I think there are tons of positives to having this junk.

- I changed my entire life for the better, I became healthier, treated others better, learned to enjoy life and stop worrying about things that don't matter.
- I learned to stop being materialistic and get back to the things that really matter in life.
- I learned how to be in tune with my body, when something is going on I know it, I feel things that others have no idea are going on, my senses are heightened and I am much more aware of things in the world.
- I am better in a scary situation than pretty much anyone around me, after dealing with anxiety and panic attacks I am able to keep my head when others would be freaking out.
- I studied anxiety relentlessly and now feel that I am very knowledgeable about the topic and am able to help others.

Personally in the begining I found anxiety to be a bad thing but over time I changed my mind and realized that it can be a good thing too. I always take it that when anxiety is around I am doing something wrong, something in my life needs adjustment and the anxiety is there to let me know about it. Anxiety also makes me grateful for what I have, I used to get complacent and would constantly think of all the things I didn't have and then get mad because I didn't have them but after the anxiety I look at all of it completely differently now. I am overall thankful for the anxiety, it really made me a much better person.

Junz
04-13-2015, 01:12 AM
Ponder - yes thanks, great place and im lucky I found it when I did...I only dont get to visit her as often as i like though

Ponder
04-13-2015, 02:17 AM
Hi Junz. Is good to see you. :) I used this pic on my facebook page today and when I saw this thread, figured it was relevant.

When Crowbar and flower meet:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x30/davekyn/Soft-touch_zpscpgrbfbx.png

Long story short - when I was not digging holes, I could be found attaching flowers to the top of my crowbar facing them towards the sun with my camera in hand. I can not think of two more opposing fronts coming together in such a way.

I love what you say there Zena & Chiliphil1 - + plus also heed a sense of caution as I read I'msufferings wise words.

Another pic I used recently that touches on this thread is some way is the following:

There is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. - Herman Melville

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x30/davekyn/Duality_zpsi76dz0uk.jpg

Food for thought. :)

If I could come from the angle that no matter what path we have take with regard to easy or hard - I find for me ... giving neither any thought and going off track all together with no yearning for either one way of the other; will have us all reach a point of peace all the same.

I seem to only find it in Nature but learning my best to accept my peers - all of us as best I can. Not easy is it?

heheh - woops, not meaning to choose the hard road there marc. lol ... It really does seem to be a cycle hey. I put up a post about roadkill today, but unfortunately people could not focus on the core issue ... It was their discomfort that mattered most. Empathy is good when it takes the focus off ourselves - (Negative Projecting) and helps us emanate healing vibes when reaching out with love. Again, not an easy task in such a selfish world.

I think we have to be careful not to become blinkered when creating our own worlds. Its good to draw strength from our own creations, but whilst we are breathing O2 and walking in this realm ... remaining grounded despite the "illusion" is necessary in order for any of us to find balance. We people have to start getting along or no matter how creative anyone individual is, the mass will pull itself down.

I'm glad others can find a level of tempering that takes place from whatever they have experienced. As long was we can forge in a direction of improvement, no matter how small - perhaps we can find ourselves breathing in a world without air. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Good night guys. Keep on discussing ... don't mind me. I'll try not to snore.

neverag
04-16-2015, 09:59 AM
Things like depression and anxiety, when overcome, definitely strengthen your mental reasoning capabilities. It's also a big confidence booster when you can overcome such things and realize how much potential you really have. They can be roadblocks, but there is a reward at the end.

Nec
04-21-2015, 07:41 AM
Things like depression and anxiety, when overcome, definitely strengthen your mental reasoning capabilities. It's also a big confidence booster when you can overcome such things and realize how much potential you really have. They can be roadblocks, but there is a reward at the end.

Exactly this. When you manage to overcome this illness you get the experience that you can use to help others, also you are definitely mentally stronger if you manage to do it. When I try to look at the positive side I say this quote: "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger".

Vincent Miller
06-04-2015, 02:53 PM
I guess the most significant thing is finding the way out of depression and anxiety. In my opinion modern medicine doesn't know how to help these problems and how to treat them.
It seems that we should turn back to our roots in order to understand how to live healthy and happy life!

Kixxi
06-04-2015, 09:39 PM

The heightened state of alertness, better survival chances in case of an emergency and you do not have to drink anything to get drunk, you get the dizziness just like that :D

RoderickLariviere
11-05-2015, 04:52 AM
On the positive view, you may trust that your anxiety offers you some assistance with avoiding awful things, counteracts issues, sets you up for the most noticeably bad and leads to solutions.

The Intolerable Kid
11-23-2015, 07:49 AM
An overabundance of caution. Anxious people tend to be hyper-vigilant, the theoretical result being they would get hurt less often.