PDA

View Full Version : Hello Im Karen

karen50
03-03-2015, 10:22 AM
I suffer from anxiety,its like fear and I can feel it in my stomach,The Dr has put me on 10mg of Citralapram a day about three months ago but it hasnt helped,I dont have it all the time and it can come on for no reason at all.
I have had a bad three years with a new knee a new hip and being diagnosed a diabetic T2 witch is under controll with diet.
There are times when I am unable to go out as I only feel safe in my own home.
I had a bad bout of this a few years ago when my son was ill.
He has suffered from anxiety and depression since his teenage years,he has got it very much under controll now,but is easy disturbed and upset.
I do find a glass of wine helps me,and at times I cant wait for 6pm as I wont have one before that.Its not good to use alcohol to ease anxiety

NixonRulz
03-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Hey, Karen - welcome

Sounds like you were falling apart for a while there but with a new knee and hip you can probably run faster than ever.

Lots of people develop a safe place and one's home is usually where they choose.

Just like most anxiety, it is all in your head. As we choose to believe the irrational thoughts and fears, we somehow believe we are safe in that safe place we decided on.

We really believe we are safe there so we usually have a great comfort. But that is all based on belief as well. There is no real safe place from anxiety. We just convince ourselves there is just like we convince ourselves it is scary to go out from what might happen.

Not sure if that makes sense. I need more tea so the brain isn't clicking on all cylinders.

I also liked a few drinks to ease the stress a bit and I knew it wasn't a great thing to do but it sure did work!

karen50
03-04-2015, 02:35 AM
Thank you Nixon for your welcome and reply.

ALoneAndEmpty
03-04-2015, 03:59 AM
hi karen! welcome aboard, don't be stranger! most of us is suffering from anxiety, so we are in the same boat here. Stick around if you have a question, will be gladly to answer it all for you. Looking forward for you stories :) stay safe!

karen50
03-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Thank you.

jessed03
03-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Hey Karen. Nice to meet you. Pity it has to be under these circumstances though, eh?

Have you ever done any work on the mental side of anxiety? The drugs can be pretty good, but psychotherapy, that kind of thing, is probably even more important.

karen50
03-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Hello jessed and thank you for your welcome.
I did have some counselling a few years ago,I cant say it helped much.
The problem is I have had a lot of worry with my son over 18 years due to his anxiety and depression and drinking to ease it.he hasnt wanted to live and ended up in hospital a few times,but they havent been all that intrested in him because he isnt psychotic.I have just felt there has been no help.we had phone calls during the night saying he was ending it all and there were times we had to call the police,I could go on and on.
Glad to say things have improved,but Im always on edge,and its left me with this fear and anxiety.