PDA

View Full Version : Escapes

Chauntecler
03-03-2015, 01:15 AM
I find myself needing to escape life for a few hours each day, as I'm sure we all do.

What is your escape?

I like to play video games and watch anime. Get absorbed in a good RPG or well-written anime with great characters. It's actually helped me with my new medication, as when I'm escaping, I don't notice my symptoms or anxiety.

Surfside
03-03-2015, 01:23 AM
Great thread!

Believe it or not, I've never played a RPG in my life; ever. Someday I would cautiously try one, I suppose if I get faster internet lol...

I still enjoy my old games (not online) such as driving games and some of the classic video games (simulation of course)

Mostly my escape is sleeping and having vivid dreams (hopefully not nightmares - of course)

Surfside
03-03-2015, 05:08 AM
Just thinking of another good escape that I try to use when I'm alone (which is most of the time) - "Self Talk" <- Just be cautions when 'down' because it can turn further negative and counterproductive to healing - Our minds don't always tell us the truth. I try to use it when I'm "flat" in my mood(s) and see where it takes me (hopefully to a real place & aware of where my negativity stems from and hopefully prevent an future attack of anxiety, or a crash/tank in the mood)

gypsylee
03-05-2015, 06:45 AM
Word games. Not the one we play here (that's fun though) I'm talking about Scrabble type games. They use some part of my brain that just makes me oblivious to everything. I can sit there rearranging letters trying to find a word for longer than I think is normal!

I also find stupid games like Candy Crush Saga a good escape but they inevitably make me lose the plot. I'm not playing any atm for this reason but every now and then I get totally hooked and can play for hours.

jessed03
03-05-2015, 01:33 PM
I took up bike riding, which is cool. It's a fun way to exercise and really passes the time.

JustaGal
03-05-2015, 02:16 PM
I find myself needing to escape life for a few hours each day, as I'm sure we all do.

What is your escape?

I like to play video games and watch anime. Get absorbed in a good RPG or well-written anime with great characters. It's actually helped me with my new medication, as when I'm escaping, I don't notice my symptoms or anxiety.

The internet, I was hooked on conspiracy theories for a while! HA - got over that.

Kixxi
03-05-2015, 02:38 PM

What is your escape?

Mine is anime, watching WWE and gaming. :)

jessed03
03-05-2015, 02:52 PM
The internet, I was hooked on conspiracy theories for a while! HA - got over that.

Any of the big ones you think might be true?

Kixxi
03-05-2015, 02:53 PM

I could talk for days about conspiracies, but then again, I am quite a cynical person lol

JustaGal
03-05-2015, 03:01 PM
I could talk for days about conspiracies, but then again, I am quite a cynical person lol

me too! The Illuminati was my fav for time

Kixxi
03-05-2015, 03:02 PM
me too! The Illuminati was my fav for time

OH yeah! And don't get me started about Roswell haha

JustaGal
03-05-2015, 03:08 PM

I think there is much truth in most, I really think that they are all there to distract us away from the true big evil plan. Just when we think we are on to something - the real one will sneak up and bite everyone in the ass!

JustaGal
03-05-2015, 03:09 PM
OH yeah! And don't get me started about Roswell haha

How about Walt Disney the pimp...doesnt get more dirty than Disney

Kixxi
03-05-2015, 03:11 PM
How about Walt Disney the pimp...doesnt get more dirty than Disney

Damn, now I'm going to do research all night lol

jessed03
03-05-2015, 03:14 PM
I think there is much truth in most, I really think that they are all there to distract us away from the true big evil plan. Just when we think we are on to something - the real one will sneak up and bite everyone in the ass!

Interesting. I try to avoid them, mainly because they do my head in. There's probably a lot of dirty secrets out there we're not told.

What do you think the big plan is? Some kind of banking conspiracy? New world order?

jessed03
03-05-2015, 03:14 PM

Says you're in London. I'm probably only a street or two away. Put a pot of coffee on. We'll get this stuff solved. ;)

JustaGal
03-05-2015, 03:22 PM

LOL! Oh ya, you will be amazed

JustaGal
03-05-2015, 03:23 PM
says you're in london. I'm probably only a street or two away. Put a pot of coffee on. We'll get this stuff solved. ;)

haha.............

Kixxi
03-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Says you're in London. I'm probably only a street or two away. Put a pot of coffee on. We'll get this stuff solved. ;)

Awesome :D I did not realize haha. I'm in Bexleyheath, Kent. So Greater London if I am not mistaken. I'm a noob when it comes to direction over here, since I only moved here from Belgium three years ago.
If you are not to far, you should come over for tea and maybe some Belgian waffles or chocolate haha :D

jessed03
03-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Awesome :D I did not realize haha. I'm in Bexleyheath, Kent. So Greater London if I am not mistaken. I'm a noob when it comes to direction over here, since I only moved here from Belgium three years ago.
If you are not to far, you should come over for tea and maybe some Belgian waffles or chocolate haha :D

I live near the Olympic site. Near the big shopping centre. That's not too far, actually.

You should be careful about offering people waffles and Belgian chocolate on the internet. You're likely to have hoards of people turning up at your door trying to get some. :)

JustaGal
03-05-2015, 04:51 PM

MKUltra / Monarch programming, sex slaves for high officials, New World Order agenda......

JustaGal
03-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Interesting. I try to avoid them, mainly because they do my head in. There's probably a lot of dirty secrets out there we're not told.

What do you think the big plan is? Some kind of banking conspiracy? New world order?

I spent way to much time on it! I am not now. Yes, new world order - but some things are just too obvious, I think there is alot of smoke and mirrors. Im not paranoid about it, I cant doing anything anyway.

drac16
03-09-2015, 05:19 AM
Burning incense helps me zone out. I like reading sufi poetry as well.

Munka
03-09-2015, 07:17 AM
Play Guitar its the only time i don't think of anything and my mind is blank and just play. Sometimes i do some photoshop stuff basically anything that is creative is a distraction

Two One
03-10-2015, 05:25 PM
I try to keep up with my music. I recently got back to writing songs after I took a break. I find creating music to be very engaging for me, especially the recording process. If I'm not writing or recording, I play video games to keep me occupied.

I also find exercising to be a great escape. I run six days a week to keep the tension at bay. It works great for me.

Zena
04-01-2015, 03:48 AM
I like video games, computer games, art, music, and literature.

chelle
04-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Listening to music is a very good way to unwind. I love RPGs and computer games, its fun and it reduces stress.
Gardening is my favourite, it brings nature a little closer to me. :)

superchick22684
04-15-2015, 09:49 AM
Listening to music, yoga, computer games, trivia games, crafting/making stuff (pottery, basket weaving etc.) and reading (so easy to escape into a great book!)

TexasWildflower
04-30-2015, 08:55 AM
The internet and a quiet park.