PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia?

parishill12
02-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Does anyone else take 20mg citalopram, if so, do you get sleeping side effects eg. Difficulty sleeping?

Surfside
02-28-2015, 04:31 AM
If I remember correctly, Citalopram was one I did try, and realized right away It was not a good fit for me. I think is was indeed 20mg I was taking. I remember (vaguely) that I felt my judgment was clouded even worse than the depression, so it was history.

I already have insomnia, so its at times hard for me to tell if its a side effect to a med anymore.

parishill12
02-28-2015, 05:04 AM
Thankyou for your reply..
Yeah I don't know whether it's the medication anymore either?
Thanks

Surfside
03-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Thankyou for your reply..
Yeah I don't know whether it's the medication anymore either?
ThanksPlease follow up with your doctor about this insomnia. Any disturbance to your sleep will cloud your judgment and reek havoc within your own life in many respects.

I was in now way saying you should stop taking your citalopram. I believe (personally) meds and their side effects should be discussed with a professional and not "self diagnosed". This is an important medication to be on, and you were put on it for a reason. This meds has been proven to help many people, and is an effective medication for may.

Just because its not a good fit for me, does not mean it is not for you or anyone else.

Again, please do not stop taking it or make any adjustments to the dosage without the guidance of a medical professional.

Be safe.