PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Hilde
02-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Hello everybody,

my name is Hilde and I'm a 29 years old woman from Latinamerica (sorry for my english). I'm a philosopher and I've been suffering from Anxiety and Depresion since I was 20 years old. The first time it took me a year and a half to get better. I was really sick, having anxiety and panic attacks constantly. I had too many physical symptoms and could't get out of my house, my mother had to take care of me all the time. Then it went away for almost two years until one day it all came back. I started on Prozac and Clonazepam and took the medication for three years but it got me more depressed (even though the anxiety was under control). Now I've been off meds since october and my anxiety is back and I have crisis or attacks almost every day.

I worry a lot because I have too manu physical symptoms that make me think I'm very sick and about to die. They are hard to put into words. Mostly I feel like I'm about to faint, I get really scared, can't feel my feet and my hands, I get sick, I have vertigo, dizziness, and my vision is not the same as when I am ok. Now I have an appointment with a new psychiatrist so I can start taking medication again. I'm doing therapy as well. But I feel really lonely because I don't know anyone like me. So I joined the forum.

I just wanted to say hi.

H.

NixonRulz
02-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Hello everybody,

my name is Hilde and I'm a 29 years old woman from Latinamerica (sorry for my english). I'm a philosopher and I've been suffering from Anxiety and Depresion since I was 20 years old. The first time it took me a year and a half to get better. I was really sick, having anxiety and panic attacks constantly. I had too many physical symptoms and could't get out of my house, my mother had to take care of me all the time. Then it went away for almost two years until one day it all came back. I started on Prozac and Clonazepam and took the medication for three years but it got me more depressed (even though the anxiety was under control). Now I've been off meds since october and my anxiety is back and I have crisis or attacks almost every day.

I worry a lot because I have too manu physical symptoms that make me think I'm very sick and about to die. They are hard to put into words. Mostly I feel like I'm about to faint, I get really scared, can't feel my feet and my hands, I get sick, I have vertigo, dizziness, and my vision is not the same as when I am ok. Now I have an appointment with a new psychiatrist so I can start taking medication again. I'm doing therapy as well. But I feel really lonely because I don't know anyone like me. So I joined the forum.

I just wanted to say hi.

H.

Hi, Hilde. Welcome here.

No need to feel lonely because you know nobody like you. You just found 120,000+ members that are EXACTLY a like you.

Glad you joined. Most responses come from the general discussion area.

This place will help you a bunch

jessed03
02-26-2015, 06:01 PM
Hilde,

Hey! You know, I've never heard that name before. Maybe it's common in Latin America and it's just me?

I think therapy should work well for you. Hopefully it works well. Hypochondria and feelings that you're about to faint or die are quite common. I remember having them myself, but therapy worked really well. That was 5 years ago now, and those thoughts and feelings have't come back.

Hilde
02-26-2015, 06:46 PM
Thank you both for your replies!

Hilde is not actually my name. It's a nickname I chose for the forum. It's short for Hildegard, as in Hildegard von Bingen, the german mystic from XII century.

I've been reading the forum and it's really helpful. Thank you.

NixonRulz
02-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Thank you both for your replies!

Hilde is not actually my name. It's a nickname I chose for the forum. It's short for Hildegard, as in Hildegard von Bingen, the german mystic from XII century.

I've been reading the forum and it's really helpful. Thank you.

Isn't Hildegard von Bingden known for discovering how to make Nutella?

Hilde
02-26-2015, 07:07 PM
I thought Nutella was an italian creation. I googled it and found nothing, but it's true that Hildegard was known also for her recipies (besides her books and her music, etc)

NixonRulz
02-26-2015, 07:21 PM
I thought Nutella was an italian creation. I googled it and found nothing, but it's true that Hildegard was known also for her recipies (besides her books and her music, etc)

Really? I swore she was the founder of that oh so good chocolate spread

I read her book "How to Deal with These Screwed Up People in Germany" years ago

I think that was her. Either her or the guy that invented the Volkswagon

jessed03
02-26-2015, 07:26 PM
The guy who made Nutella died recently. Puts it in perspective Huh? No matter how much money you have, all you get is like 80 years.

NixonRulz
02-26-2015, 07:28 PM
The Nutella guy died recently? What the hell am I thinking about then? I thought that was invented centuries ago.

This night keeps getting worse

jessed03
02-26-2015, 07:32 PM
I don't know Nixy. The workings of your beautiful mind are too complex for me to understand.

Hilde, do they have Nutella in Latin America?

Hilde
02-26-2015, 07:37 PM
It's true, the guy who invented Nutella died a few days ago. He also invented the chocolate Kinder and the Ferrero Rocher. I live in Argentina and we have started consuming Nutella in the last decade, I think. But it's not a common thing that you would find in a family house. It's more of a luxury item. It's expensive. I lived for a short period of time in Germany and there you can have Nutella like every day, like with bread for breakfeast. Here we have something different, it's called "dulce de leche" it's something with the same consistence as nutella but made out of milk and sugar.

NixonRulz
02-26-2015, 07:39 PM
It's true, the guy who invented Nutella died a few days ago. He also invented the chocolate Kinder and the Ferrero Rocher. I live in Argentina and we have started consuming Nutella in the last decade, I think. But it's not a common thing that you would find in a family house. It's more of a luxury item. It's expensive. I lived for a short period of time in Germany and there you can have Nutella like every day, like with bread for breakfeast. Here we have something different, it's called "dulce de leche" it's something with the same consistence as nutella but made out of milk and sugar.

I am going to go ahead and ask you to invite us for breakfast. Or lunch. Or whenever you are supposed to eat that milk and sugar treat

Hilde
02-26-2015, 07:43 PM
I am going to go ahead and ask you to invite us for breakfast. Or lunch. Or whenever you are supposed to eat that milk and sugar treat

haha, yeah we have it for breakfast or for tea time (we actually don't drink tea, we drink "mate" which is something super weird for the rest of the world, I know), with toasts. And we also use it in cakes and croissants and chocolates. You can also eat it alone, with a spoon, like Nutella, but it's super sweet.

NixonRulz
02-26-2015, 07:46 PM
haha, yeah we have it for breakfast or for tea time (we actually don't drink tea, we drink "mate" which is something super weird for the rest of the world, I know), with toasts. And we also use it in cakes and croissants and chocolates. You can also eat it alone, with a spoon, like Nutella, but it's super sweet.

Ok. I am convinced you have never been to Argentina.

You sound exactly like Jesse talking about tea time

My vote is you are his neighbor

jessed03
02-26-2015, 07:48 PM
Ok. I am convinced you have never been to Argentina.

You sound exactly like Jesse talking about tea time

My vote is you are his neighbor

It's not a proper day unless you sit down and have a nice cup of tea and a scone...

jessed03
02-26-2015, 07:49 PM
If you want dulce de leche on your scone, no worries, just make sure when you're in Britain you're eating one at 10am. Cream and jam is better, but hey... We're open minded here.

Hilde
02-26-2015, 07:51 PM
Well I just had a cup of tea, I can pretend I'm in London. But it's almost midnight here in Argentina. And I also had a slice of cake with dulce de leche for dessert.

NixonRulz
02-26-2015, 07:51 PM
It's not a proper day unless you sit down and have a nice cup of tea and a scone...

I have no idea what the hell a scone is but I drink 8-10 cups of tea a day

I drink so much tea that when I speak, I am starting to sound like Monty Python

Hilde
02-26-2015, 07:53 PM
Ah we love scones here in Argentina. You can find them in every bakery, it's quite common.

jessed03
02-26-2015, 07:53 PM
I have no idea what the hell a scone is but I drink 8-10 cups of tea a day

I drink so much tea that when I speak, I am starting to sound like Monty Python

You call them biscuits in America. First time I ate at an American diner, I ordered eggs and hash. They gave me a biscuit with it. I thought, Aww, that's great, they're being welcoming to me. Then I thought, wait... wheres the cream and jam... I sat waiting for it for like 10 minutes...

That's when I realised there was no cream and jam. I looked around and people were dipping them into GRAVY! wtf?

jessed03
02-26-2015, 07:54 PM
Ah we love scones here in Argentina. You can find them in every bakery, it's quite common.

So you say it's midnight there? Do you work or do school or...?

Hilde
02-26-2015, 07:56 PM
So you say it's midnight there? Do you work or do school or...?

I work. I teach theory of knowledge in the University and I'm doing my Phd on Philosphy on an academic scholarship. I go to bed realy late.

NixonRulz
02-26-2015, 07:59 PM
You call them biscuits in America. First time I ate at an American diner, I ordered eggs and hash. They gave me a biscuit with it. I thought, Aww, that's great, they're being welcoming to me. Then I thought, wait... wheres the cream and jam... I sat waiting for it for like 10 minutes...

That's when I realised there was no cream and jam. I looked around and people were dipping them into GRAVY! wtf?

Jelly, not jam. Jelly

And you eat jelly in the morning on a biscuit, gravy in the evening

Assimilate or stay the fu*k out! LOL ; )

jessed03
02-26-2015, 08:08 PM
I work. I teach theory of knowledge in the University and I'm doing my Phd on Philosphy on an academic scholarship. I go to bed realy late.

Don't worry, Hilde. All of the most interesting people do. :)

NixonRulz
02-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Did someone say "Interesting people?"

trivedisites
02-27-2015, 05:39 AM
Hey Hilde, We all are here for same reason.

ALoneAndEmpty
02-28-2015, 01:25 AM
hi there Hilde! welcome aboard! sorry for the late welcome!

Lot of us here are suffering as same as you, so i'm hoping we can help and support each other. so stick around. catch you later :)

alex42
02-28-2015, 05:35 AM
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to say hi.

H.

Hello!
All those symptoms are common. I know them well... They can be quite scary... Alarming... Which makes the anxiety worse no doubt. I'm always confused as to which starts first. The physical feeling or the thought... Hahaha... I used to think it started with a physical feeling which lead to the mental issue. But now I am leaning more towards the mental side... The thought... That leads to the physical. But I am still not sure because it always seems to happen simultaneously .
Anyway, welcome!
Alex

Hilde
02-28-2015, 10:47 PM
Hello!
All those symptoms are common. I know them well... They can be quite scary... Alarming... Which makes the anxiety worse no doubt. I'm always confused as to which starts first. The physical feeling or the thought... Hahaha... I used to think it started with a physical feeling which lead to the mental issue. But now I am leaning more towards the mental side... The thought... That leads to the physical. But I am still not sure because it always seems to happen simultaneously .
Anyway, welcome!
Alex

Hi Alex! I can totaly relate to what you are saying. It doesn't come clear to me what comes first if the mental or the physical. Bit I think we're seeing it the wrong way. It's not a causal interaction. We should think it as a whole. Our worries, our emotions in general, they always manifest themselves physicaly. We are embarrassed, we blush, it comes all together . Whith anxiety and anguish it has to be the same thing but out of control.