PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to cure from Anxiety for good?

LifeIsABeach
02-24-2015, 11:14 AM
Hi. I wanted to ask if you know someone or you are the person who cured from anxiety totally? I have generalized anxiety and I was getting near to get rid of nearly all my symptoms but unfortunately I ignored to do some relaxation exercises + working out on the gym as often as I used to do it before and today is the first day when nearly all my symptoms appeared again. I am in control but I'm wondering if it's possible to cure from anxiety totally so it won't come back easily. One of the things that drives my anxiety are obsessive thaughts. I am reminding stupid and annoying things that people said in the near past and I think it happens when some things piss me off.

jessed03
02-24-2015, 11:32 AM
I see it more as something you evolve out of. It usually takes some degree of learning about the body and the mind to get better. Once you evolve something, it's not common to go backwards. So on that note, I don't see why not.

raggamuffin
02-24-2015, 02:50 PM
If you spend more time focusing on the good in life instead of bestowing time on assuming the worst, living in fear and constant worry - then yes, you can overcome it. We get so used to being stuck in a rut with anxiety; lost in our own little world. We wind up full of negative emotions and an abundance of stress. It's no wonder our body reacts with aches, pains and other symptoms. Taking care of your body with a good diet and exercise is important. However you must also show the same love and care for your mind as well. Be mindful of the here and now, allow yourself to simply be happy.

Allow yourself to feel happy and enjoy the things you do in life. When you live with anxiety and symptoms for a long time you can often fixate on the bad; seemingly automatically. But that isn't the way to live your life. You often assume the worst in the most surreal scenarios. Life is what you make of it. So if you worry and fret day in day out, your body and your life will respond in kind.

If there are issues in the past try to dig, find root causes and core beliefs that need to be addressed, purged, and replaced with positive emotions. Until you can look back at such events and not feel negativity towards them.

You should also focus on where you'd like to be in life. We can often resent the past or fear the future. But try visualizing a positive and bright future for yourself and those close to you. Try it each day. Don't allow the negative thoughts to enter your head with this visualizing time. If they do crop up too much then take a break from the session and try again a bit later.

Remember - allow yourself to be happy and focus on the good in life because it's all around us, but, sometimes we're too blinded by our worries and anxiety to notice it.

Ed

Anxiety34
02-24-2015, 04:44 PM
I wonder the same thing. I too seem to constantly think negative.

Damavandi
02-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Hi Life...:

I am the person you are looking for. Please read the below link.

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?12695-Vitamin-D3-Cured-my-Anxiety-Depression-and-Panic-Disorder

Ali