PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety or should I go to the doctor?

Kokomo
02-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Hi, I just registered in here so I can ask this question. The thing is, that for like 3 days I have this sensation in my face, it kind of tickles, like a bug crawling on it or the brush of a hair. It's not painful but it's excruciatingly annoying and I think it gives me even more anxiety because I can't stop to think about it.
The other thing is that my stomach is literally closed and I have slept probably 7 hours in the past 2 days. It's really difficult to fall asleep and stay that way.
I don't think I'm going through a particularly difficult part of my life. I have overcome more difficult things and I have never had this symptoms.

I will be very grateful if you can help me, this is driving me nuts.

Also, english is not my first language so I apologize for grammar problems.

Thank you!

raggamuffin
02-24-2015, 04:34 PM
How is it when you're busy or pre-occupied? Anxiety symptoms tend to lessen when you're fully engaged or distracted with something. If you haven't been to a Dr previously with your anxiety or symptoms it's always a good idea to go. But your symptoms are not uncommon for someone with anxiety.

Ed

delekatala
02-24-2015, 05:35 PM
When my daughter passed away I had a sensation similar to what your describing, and it culminated into a numbing at the tip of my tongue. It took me a good week to realize it was my anxiety. It would start when I was walking to the hospital. Lessen when relaxing. so maybe that would make you feel better.

However I always think its a good idea to be checked out for odd symptoms just in case.

Kokomo
02-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that it gets worse when I'm under pression or worried (for example when I think about the sensation too much). And I feel it less when I'm distracted. But anyway it never fades completely and it's kind of really starting to piss me off. I have a lot of tension on the neck and shoulders so I thought that the tickle on the face was because of that but I have done everything to relax and it just don't go away.