PDA

View Full Version : Teeth

gypsylee
02-22-2015, 10:00 AM
I'm putting this here because it isn't anxiety related but I'm certainly having a "mood disorder" right now!!

3:45am and I'm awake with a toothache again. This has been going on for over a year. I'm getting treatment but I had to go through the public system because private dentists charge the f'n earth. Well he did a filling the other day and the tooth is now very angry about it! The amount of pain my teeth have caused me is ridiculous.

It's been caused by a combination of things health-wise but if the govt actually subsidised private dentists (like they do doctors) this wouldn't have happened. I know people with jobs who can't afford to get the work done they need. One filling costs $200-300, root canal approx $1000. I spent a few thousand on private treatment and basically couldn't afford it anymore.

The govt doesn't seem to think teeth affect people's health. The Australian health care system is pretty good compared to a lot of countries but dental care is not one of the priorities. So good luck to anyone who has any serious problems and doesn't have a ton of money! :(

That's my rant for now.

raggamuffin
02-22-2015, 10:29 AM
Yes, tooth pain can be like nothing else. Sometimes fillings take a day or 2 to settle down. I hope it doesn't continue hurting. That's very steep for a root canal I must say...

Ed

gypsylee
02-22-2015, 03:35 PM
Yes, tooth pain can be like nothing else. Sometimes fillings take a day or 2 to settle down. I hope it doesn't continue hurting. That's very steep for a root canal I must say...

Ed

I'm hoping this doesn't mean I need a root canal in that tooth. Usually I have no problems with fillings but this tooth was super sensitive when he did it. I had to have a nerve block as well as the normal anaesthetic. So it seems ominous! I don't have to pay for it but still.

However, with the amount of pain I've had, I think a mouth full of root canalled teeth would be good. Even false teeth seem preferable to this. My uncle had all his teeth pulled out when he was 21 and got falsies lol. He just hated the dentist and back then they encouraged people to do that. I used to think it was extreme but he saved himself a lot of drama!

Anyway a combination of clove gel and mouthwash (with ethanol) settled it down enough for me to sleep. Seeing my GP this afternoon for some pain killers. Back at dentist on Weds. Good times!

JB478
02-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Well he did a filling the other day and the tooth is now very angry about it! The amount of pain my teeth have caused me is ridiculous.

That must have been hurtful. I don't wanna feel that on my teeth.

gypsylee
02-22-2015, 10:38 PM
That must have been hurtful. I don't wanna feel that on my teeth.

To be honest I don't think toothache is as bad as some kinds of pain such as migraine or internal pain (I've had Pancreatitis twice and that HURTS). I can usually control toothache (eventually).