PDA

View Full Version : chest pains

hannah0117
02-21-2015, 05:18 AM
Question...
My left chest usually hurts when having a panic attack., but as i have said in my earlier threads all my ecgs, 2d echo and hokter tests are all clear,.
Does it really hurts? Or my mind is just playing with me again.,,

hannah0117
02-21-2015, 05:43 PM
Chest pains is really what sets me off... anybody who can relate?

gypsylee
02-21-2015, 06:13 PM

Hi Hannah :)

Yeah I get chest pains sometimes too. I'm a smoker so it does scare me a bit. But I don't get it that often or that badly.

Health anxiety isn't really my thing - mine's more social anxiety - so I can't comment too much.

Just wanted you to know I read your post :)

Cheers,
Gypsy x

hannah0117
02-21-2015, 06:53 PM
Thanks gypsy

lisad
02-21-2015, 07:45 PM
Yes, this is what my trigger is and usually ends with a full on freak out. I am doing better since starting medication (latuda and also klonopin until I get past first two weeks on new med) my husband is great about reassuring and reminding me that all my test came back that my heart looks good and also my lungs were clear. Have had ekg, echo, blood and chest xrays in the past month I have been dealing with this. Some days although are better than others, but I notice every little twitch from my belly button to the top of my head!

hannah0117
02-22-2015, 02:19 AM
Yes, this is what my trigger is and usually ends with a full on freak out. I am doing better since starting medication (latuda and also klonopin until I get past first two weeks on new med) my husband is great about reassuring and reminding me that all my test came back that my heart looks good and also my lungs were clear. Have had ekg, echo, blood and chest xrays in the past month I have been dealing with this. Some days although are better than others, but I notice every little twitch from my belly button to the top of my head!

Yeah... i tend to do that too.. every twitch, every little pain, i felt the need to go for a checkup... classic anxiety?

lisad
02-22-2015, 04:58 AM
Yeah... i tend to do that too.. every twitch, every little pain, i felt the need to go for a checkup... classic anxiety?
I wish I knew if it was classic anxiety, this is all new to me! I have only been having issues for a month! I was sick with the stomach flu and it all crept up out of no where!

hannah0117
02-23-2015, 12:54 AM
I wish I knew if it was classic anxiety, this is all new to me! I have only been having issues for a month! I was sick with the stomach flu and it all crept up out of no where!

I think first 2 months is usually the hardest part of having panic attacks. I'm almost on my 4th month... my first 2 months was like hell.
I can't get out of the bed, i feel exhausted, palpitation, chest pain, hyperventilating, dizziness you name it. Been in the hospital 3 times already, but all laboratories came back negative..
I dont know if i have been really feeling better or i have gotten used to it. Have my panic attacks every now and then, but not full blown like i experienced in the past months,. Its like have to deal with full panic attacks everyday.. but recently have full blown panic attack twice this month.. i think camomile tea really helps me..
I'm just really uncomfortable with my chest pain..

Wish you well!