PDA

View Full Version : Really Ruff day....inspiration and advice would be great

lisad
02-18-2015, 04:45 PM
Today started off okay, then I had to drive 30 minutes from home to a doctors appointment in the ice. started feeling pretty anxious and it has took hold all day! I am scared that I am going to mistake anxiety for a heart attack. I was having pain in my shoulder blades and took a tylenol (have been scared to take even that the past 3 weeks) and it eased off. But I am still really uneasy about everything. Kinda nauseated and just freaking out inside. Although my pulse is good, I am still freaking out! Can you really tell the difference between heart attack and anxiety?

Xerosnake90
02-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Yea. A heart attack generally kills you. Anxiety never does. Still kicking? Sounds like anxiety ;) Quit focusing on the idea of anxiety, it only keeps it further alive in your mind and your body keeps paying for it.

Kuma
02-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Sorry you had a tough day. Sometimes people cannot tell the difference. If they get chest pains, they don't know if it is a heart attack or anxiety or something else (indigestion, a muscle pull, gas pains, etc.). It is really important to learn ways to relax!

gypsylee
02-18-2015, 06:28 PM
Yea. A heart attack generally kills you. Anxiety never does. Still kicking? Sounds like anxiety ;) Quit focusing on the idea of anxiety, it only keeps it further alive in your mind and your body keeps paying for it.

LOL. I think a heart attack has different symptoms like your jaw feels weird and you feel like an elephant is sitting on your chest. I also read that women get different symptoms to men? I don't know if that's true..

whiterose
02-18-2015, 07:51 PM
I heard the same thing about women and heart attacks. We do have different symptoms than men.