PDA

View Full Version : Medication stopped working?

superchick22684
02-17-2015, 03:32 PM
Hey guys haven't posted in awhile because things have been going pretty well until the last few weeks. I'm thinking there's a possibility that one or both of my meds have either stopped working or my body isn't processing them as well as it used to. I'm on 60 mgs of Cymbalta (once a day) and 10 mg of Buspirone (three times a day). I've been on Cymbalta for about 5 months and Buspirone for a little over 2 months.

A few weeks ago I noticed that I was a starting to get depressed again. Its not nearly as bad as it used to be but my ADs usually keep me in a fairly decent mood. Along with the increase in depression I noticed that I was spending more time alone than usual. At this point the depression aspect has gotten better but I still don't feel the best.

In terms of anxiety, I was almost to the point of having no attacks and minimal anxious moments. In the last two weeks I've noticed a resurgence in feeling anxious on a regular basis. I feel panicky and on edge frequently and that's resulted in having agoraphobic issues several times where I don't want to leave the house and if I do when I show up to my destination I'm very uncomfortable. I also feel like I'm more aware of my body because I'm noticing my heart racing and any change in my breathing which is making me panicky.

I'm not due to go back to my doctor until April but if my anxiety keeps going downhill I'm not going to have a choice. Does anyone have any advice/opinion about what could be going on?

JustaGal
02-17-2015, 06:33 PM
Hey guys haven't posted in awhile because things have been going pretty well until the last few weeks. I'm thinking there's a possibility that one or both of my meds have either stopped working or my body isn't processing them as well as it used to. I'm on 60 mgs of Cymbalta (once a day) and 10 mg of Buspirone (three times a day). I've been on Cymbalta for about 5 months and Buspirone for a little over 2 months.

A few weeks ago I noticed that I was a starting to get depressed again. Its not nearly as bad as it used to be but my ADs usually keep me in a fairly decent mood. Along with the increase in depression I noticed that I was spending more time alone than usual. At this point the depression aspect has gotten better but I still don't feel the best.

In terms of anxiety, I was almost to the point of having no attacks and minimal anxious moments. In the last two weeks I've noticed a resurgence in feeling anxious on a regular basis. I feel panicky and on edge frequently and that's resulted in having agoraphobic issues several times where I don't want to leave the house and if I do when I show up to my destination I'm very uncomfortable. I also feel like I'm more aware of my body because I'm noticing my heart racing and any change in my breathing which is making me panicky.

I'm not due to go back to my doctor until April but if my anxiety keeps going downhill I'm not going to have a choice. Does anyone have any advice/opinion about what could be going on?

I think it is a rough patch, maybe there was a trigger for you. Sometimes emotions come up that need to, even if on meds. I had a rough week last week, but I know my meds are helpful.

Veritas
02-17-2015, 10:09 PM
I feel the same way. I'm on Florentine but when I'm on my period it's ten times worse

jessed03
02-17-2015, 10:14 PM
I feel the same way. I'm on Florentine but when I'm on my period it's ten times worse

I'm guessing your autocorrect didn't like the word Fluoxetine?