PDA

View Full Version : Crowdsourcing treatment for mental illness?

karlt
02-17-2015, 01:09 PM
I thought people may be interested in reading about the concept that we're working on. We're crowdsourcing support for Mental Health. I don't have enough posts to qualify to share links, but if you Google this you'll find the article about the concept: Huffington Post crowdsource robert morris.

I'm working with the author of that article to bring the app to market.

We think this can have a profound impact on access to support/treatment. We are looking for input and feedback and help from people who may benefit from the app. The input will help us build an app that people love.

I am happy to answer any questions that people may have :)

gypsylee
02-17-2015, 03:37 PM
I thought people may be interested in reading about the concept that we're working on. We're crowdsourcing support for Mental Health. I don't have enough posts to qualify to share links, but if you Google this you'll find the article about the concept: Huffington Post crowdsource robert morris.

I'm working with the author of that article to bring the app to market.

We think this can have a profound impact on access to support/treatment. We are looking for input and feedback and help from people who may benefit from the app. The input will help us build an app that people love.

I am happy to answer any questions that people may have :)

Hey that sounds good; I'll check out the article :)

Edit: I can post the link for you! I read it and it's a great idea..

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5862304

karlt
02-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Thank you! We've just quit our jobs to pursue this full time (partly inspired by the results of the clinical trial and partly by what we've heard from many people we've spoken to about the idea).

We're deep in development, working to build a mobile app that people love to use. We're guiding feedback based on a survey. People who complete the survey can also try the early version of the app and provide feedback. Not sure of the best way to share the link to the survey because it's not Google-able

karlt
02-17-2015, 04:32 PM
I should also add that Australia is REALLY inspiring in how they've adopted self-directed online courses for CBT across their health system. Other countries could learn a lot from them.

We've been inspired by the self directed apps coming from Australia. Our one issue with them is that they're not too usable. They don't cater to how people want to use apps today. People want to dip their toe in quickly, lurk, curate, etc.

gypsylee
02-17-2015, 05:54 PM
I should also add that Australia is REALLY inspiring in how they've adopted self-directed online courses for CBT across their health system. Other countries could learn a lot from them.

We've been inspired by the self directed apps coming from Australia. Our one issue with them is that they're not too usable. They don't cater to how people want to use apps today. People want to dip their toe in quickly, lurk, curate, etc.

We have a really good mental health program for young people called Headspace. My daughter sees a counsellor there at no cost - I checked out the webpage and was very impressed. Mental health programs for older people not so much; lots of cuts to spending by the govt in recent years.

Anyway let me know how I can help in any way.. I'll message you my email address :)

P.S. Can you update the app for this while you're at it? It isn't even available anymore so I can't get it for my iPad and have to use my old iPhone! ;)

gypsylee
02-17-2015, 11:02 PM
Here's the link to the survey for anyone interested in participating:

https://koko4.typeform.com/to/uZ5se9

:)

karlt
02-18-2015, 07:16 AM
Here's the link to the survey for anyone interested in participating:

:)

Thanks! This is helping us gather feedback to inform design decisions for the app. If anyone fills it out, I'd be happy to let them try an early version of the app.

Also, please let me know if there are any questions I can answer about the project.