PDA

View Full Version : tell me

Polarlight
02-15-2015, 05:14 AM
Me and my dad are not living together and we rarely meet each other. I don't feel like I miss him but when I hear his voice, I suddenly burst into tears. Is that means I miss him or not? I know this sounds ridiculous but my anxiety won't stop. *Sigh*

gypsylee
02-15-2015, 07:21 AM
Me and my dad are not living together and we rarely meet each other. I don't feel like I miss him but when I hear his voice, I suddenly burst into tears. Is that means I miss him or not? I know this sounds ridiculous but my anxiety won't stop. *Sigh*

Crying is a stress-release mechanism. So this doesn't necessarily mean you miss your dad, just that you feel close enough to him that you can release some of the built-up anxiety. It could mean you miss him but you repress it consciously. I don't think it really matters why you burst into tears when you hear his voice. Perhaps it would be a good idea to meet up with him though because he's obviously important to you.

Gypsy :)

Polarlight
02-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Thank you Gypsylee :)

What you said is totally true and I really appreciate it. My father is very important in my life and why should i got anxiety over this, right? Thank you very much for giving me courage. :D

gypsylee
02-15-2015, 06:22 PM
Thank you Gypsylee :)

What you said is totally true and I really appreciate it. My father is very important in my life and why should i got anxiety over this, right? Thank you very much for giving me courage. :D

Hey no problem :D