PDA

View Full Version : Shortness of Breath All Day!!!! Anxiety??

mistiblue
02-13-2015, 02:18 PM
There are times when. I have SOB all day and it's bad. Some days I don't have it at all, other times all day for 2 days. It's scary and it's feeding my anxiety. I have had heart tests and othet tests done in the last 2 months.
I guess I'm just looking for others who have dealt with this. It's like, I start to feel better and then BAM!

jessed03
02-13-2015, 03:12 PM
Have you ever heard of the Buteyko method? PanicCured talks about it.

Buteyko has the idea of a control pause. It's a very quick test you can do to determine the state of your cardiovascular health. Takes about 30 seconds, no equipment needed.

It's worth googling. If you have a healthy CP (and you've been checked), it's a virtual assurance that breathing issues are anxiety related.

Godzillasaurus
02-14-2015, 07:19 AM
I have had this once when I was a little younger. It lasted maybe about a month or so, but I couldn't handle it at all.

It was painful and was extremely difficult to relax. But I get you; it is nothing close to fun!

Emilym80
02-16-2015, 11:59 PM
There are times when. I have SOB all day and it's bad. Some days I don't have it at all, other times all day for 2 days. It's scary and it's feeding my anxiety. I have had heart tests and othet tests done in the last 2 months.
I guess I'm just looking for others who have dealt with this. It's like, I start to feel better and then BAM!

Do you ever get any back/chest/shoulder pain or tightness, etc? Do you spend a fair amount of time sitting down or have you had postural issues? I had a similar problem to you and because I have asthma, my doctor thought it was either that or my heart and prescribed me a stronger asthma medication. Then I went for an evaluation at the physiotherapist and it turns out that there was an issue with my back muscles being too tight, which constricted my ribs and made it hard for them to expand, making me feel short of breath. I've been doing stretches for only a couple of days and it's already improved a lot. Maybe consider seeing a physio if you have any other issues that might suggest a postural problem, but also know that when one has anxiety it's normal to breathe improperly for days at a time without realising, which can also make you feel short of breath too.

I sometimes get what you're describing even when there's nothing wrong with my posture or I'm not feeling particularly/consciously anxious, so it's not abnormal either way.

Best of luck :)