PDA

View Full Version : Help: ER trip from anxiety symptoms

ellielepp
02-09-2015, 12:40 PM
So, I'm absolutely new to this forum. I hope I don't bore anyone with the redundancy that my post may have, but I feel the need for help, so here it goes.

I am a 22 year old female who has had anxiety and major depression since the age of 8. Over the last two years, I feel that I have managed my symptoms better, after having freak episodes in the previous years (daily panic attacks, crying spells, inability to get out of bed). Over the last month, though, I have developed symptoms of heart and kidney problems, including extreme weight loss (I am now underweight), nausea and inability to eat due to heartburn, dizziness, heart palpitations, faint spells, etc. I went to the ER a few days ago because I felt so weak and developed chest pains and extreme palpitations. After staying overnight, I was told that it was just anxiety.

Now I feel like an idiot for going to the hospital just for anxiety, but I can't understand why I am developing such terrible symptoms that are keeping me from work and my social life. I felt that I had not had any issues with my anxiety in the last month, so I don't understand why these things are happening now.

If anyone has any advice or can share similar experiences, I'd love your feedback. I'm just trying to get back into my semi normal life, but these symptoms are not letting up.

Im-Suffering
02-09-2015, 01:02 PM
Regardless of the other replies to your thread, come back to this and read it very carefully, 1000 times over. It contains a wonderful new word for you - empowerment.

So, I'm absolutely new to this forum. I hope I don't bore anyone with the redundancy that my post may have, but I feel the need for help, so here it goes.

I am a 22 year old female who has had anxiety and major depression since the age of 8. Over the last two years, I feel that I have managed my symptoms better, after having freak episodes in the previous years (daily panic attacks, crying spells, inability to get out of bed). Over the last month, though, I have developed symptoms of heart and kidney problems, including extreme weight loss (I am now underweight), nausea and inability to eat due to heartburn, dizziness, heart palpitations, faint spells, etc. I went to the ER a few days ago because I felt so weak and developed chest pains and extreme palpitations. After staying overnight, I was told that it was just anxiety.

Now I feel like an idiot for going to the hospital just for anxiety, but I can't understand why I am developing such terrible symptoms that are keeping me from work and my social life. I felt that I had not had any issues with my anxiety in the last month, so I don't understand why these things are happening now.

If anyone has any advice or can share similar experiences, I'd love your feedback. I'm just trying to get back into my semi normal life, but these symptoms are not letting up.

Listen carefully.

If "(daily panic attacks, crying spells, inability to get out of bed). heart and kidney problems, including extreme weight loss (I am now underweight), nausea and inability to eat due to heartburn, dizziness, heart palpitations, faint spells, etc"

In your words now.

If those symptoms could speak, what would they say?

"I ... feel .. I am .. They said ... They did... I did.."

Anxiety and all of it, is inner communication - begging - to come out - be heard - its been 14 years, you see, of suppression. About time to give it a voice, turn around and face it. Listen. And heal.

Now you can wait 20 more, if you wish, come back to me and Ill say the same as today. Its choice.

Within the crying, within the panic, within the palpitations, within the shame, within the guilt, lies the faint inner voice of the hurt and pain. The ER on their Xrays cannot find that, you see.

One belief popped out by accident in your post "feeling like an idiot", now don't think that self critique is limited to this experience, it is the undertone of the personality. And that among others is the cause for the feelings. If you knew who you are, idiot no matter what, would not be an available choice. Take this back now, before the age of 8, to when you were meant to feel like an idiot and the belief about self was forming.

That is why it is suggested to listen to the voice of anxiety as you experience it. In those emotions, there will be attachments to false beliefs about who you are. This is the beginning.

That's all for now.

Kuma
02-09-2015, 01:05 PM
You don't need to feel like an idiot for going to the hospital for anxiety. Many people have done that. It is understandable because the symptoms of acute anxiety are similar to the symptoms of some other illnesses. For example, if you have chest pains that might be anxiety. But it could be something physical. So it is natural to want to get checked out by a doctor.

Are you being treated by a psychiatrist for your anxiety and depression? If not, that would seem to make sense.

alex42
02-09-2015, 01:05 PM

I think anyone with extreme anxiety/panic disorder has spent some time in an ER. It is what it is. Sometimes just having someone to talk you through it helps... Especially after finding out that it was, in fact, a panic attack.
I have been in those shoes. Not fun. The only thing I've really learned over the past 25 years is that panic attacks CANNOT hurt you. Yes, they are extremely uncomfortable, but they are the bodies natural reaction to certain stimulus. It just can get out of hand quickly with people who tend to live in fear. It's conquering the FEAR that is the cure. Anxiety and panic are a symptom of fear... That is all... In my opinion of course...

ellielepp
02-09-2015, 01:18 PM
The thing is, I feel like I have tried to face my anxiety. After years of ignoring it, I finally let my guard down and speak openly about my problems when they occur. I've sought out help, going to therapy weekly for a year, then once a month for two years. I've been to different doctors, finally gave in to trying medication (and then gave them up after trial and error with 5+), and have constantly tried to let my emotions out to "free" what has been suppressed. Maybe that isn't enough, but I sure have tried to stop ignoring the problems and face them head on. That is why this is so frustrating.
I haven't experienced the panic attacks and crying spells in over a year. I am just concerned as to why they are developing solely into physical symptoms when I feel as though I haven't had any anxiety issues.

ellielepp
02-09-2015, 01:20 PM
Thanks for your response! I always knew I was having a panic attack when I had them, but this time, I was calm and relaxed...I just had chest pain and those other problems. I have faced them head on and I believe that after almost two years of having them daily, I have not had one in over a year. It just scares me that I am physically feeling it, but am emotionally stable and calm.

ellielepp
02-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Thanks for responding!
I was being treated for a few years, but treatment was ended when I moved out of state. I still have phone appointments with a new psychiatrist, but mainly to monitor my newly diagnosed ADHD.

Im-Suffering
02-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Your beliefs do not care what time of day it is. You could be in a hot tub on top of the world when they strike. The inner self is not on your schedule of 9-5, nor does the voice of anxiety care to hear when you would prefer an attack.

I told you, and I do understand you are young, to listen carefully. Just this thread could change your life. Click on my name and start reading my responses on this forum, spend a few days or weeks with them in quiet time before bed.

The thing is, I feel like I have tried to face my anxiety. After years of ignoring it, I finally let my guard down and speak openly about my problems when they occur. I've sought out help, going to therapy weekly for a year, then once a month for two years. I've been to different doctors, finally gave in to trying medication (and then gave them up after trial and error with 5+), and have constantly tried to let my emotions out to "free" what has been suppressed. Maybe that isn't enough, but I sure have tried to stop ignoring the problems and face them head on. That is why this is so frustrating.
I haven't experienced the panic attacks and crying spells in over a year. I am just concerned as to why they are developing solely into physical symptoms when I feel as though I haven't had any anxiety issues.

Its not about the current ability to face problems, in that you are succeeding in your efforts, and that is good.

Its about the voice inside. The beliefs are an undercurrent and speak through the body. The body has no power to act out against you, its your body, you see. But.. the emotional storehouse fills up, you must understand, and the body symbolically represents then what the psyche is still suppressing.

I have told you how to discover your beliefs, the voice inside is a 5 year old, and so are the beliefs even as you act them out blindly.

Read my first post again, and print it out, follow the directions.

DURING THE SYMPTOMS - LET THE VOICE BE HEARD.

The nausea is speaking, among the other symptoms, for example "Help me ! PLEASE, don't leave me alone here ! Why don't you love me". Generally speaking the voice is within the powerful emotions, so you may have to dig in deeper than feeling a tummy ache. Inside the fear, the perceived heart problems, in the ambulance, at the peak of the emotions, there you will find true communication.

You will see, the physical sensations are meant to lead you to freedom and empowerment through self discovery.

As always any readers can benefit from the triggers of the OP, even if the OP goes away with nothing. Someone, somewhere, will be of benefit, ready to hear and apply it, and so this is for you.