PDA

View Full Version : Did ya Know that You could Trick Someone Underweight into Gaining Weight:

1Bluerose68
02-08-2015, 01:25 PM
I had a friend who was very underweight. Her mom began making her drink smoothy shakes made with Ensure, Protein Powder, Real Vanilla High in Calorie Ice Cream, Bananas, and anything else to sweeten her up. Then she made her drink the entire shake while being supervised and afterwards was NOT allowed to leave the Kitchen for at least 1 hour. Her mom did this to my friend for at least 3 meals per day, if not more, perhaps 5? Anyhow, my ex-best friend chunked up about 30 Lbs in one Summer month, and was Ready to return to regular classes come September Back to School Time. I was amazed to see how healthy she looked from her mother's TLC over her body weight. Otherwise, her counselor had threatened to keep her from continuing in college if she was NOT healthy enough to attend her classes. She also was NOT allowed to ever use the scale at home, as her mom threw out all the household scales, to assist her daughter in NOT obsessing over her New Found Body Weight. Her mom also took down all the mirrors and therefore she also could NOT look at herself to further her body image problem. We all told her she looked Great, and when she returned to college she was very excited to find that in swim class she had an entire locker room to look at her new body image. However, even though she was now at a healthy weight; when she looked in the mirror as she was getting ready for our lap swim class, she passed out. It wasn't from being unhealthy, it was because she was in shock over the drastic weight gain that she noticed for the 1st time in months, when she looked into the tall mirror. After that she refused to go to class, and instead dropped her swimming class and added a cooking class as she actually began liking what she saw in the mirror and wanted to learn how to eat real food in lieu of her mothers special smoothy weight gain cocktails. Isn't that like a clincher from right out of a Weight Watcher's version of The Twilight Zone? The New Yorker Style I prefer to think of this story as. Well, anyhow it was definitely related to anxiety. The best part was the fact that in her case she overcame it and actually wanted more control over her eating and body image. I never did see her after that last quarter in college, as we both went our separate ways in life following the 2nd year in college. I hope she is still doing well, and really enjoys cooking, perhaps as a hobby at least?