PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety?

MorningSadness00
08-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Its weird like i cant really breath good, and it scares me and i feel like i cant catch my breath, like I'm going to die. I'm scared that i have heart failure, but I'm only 19 years old. I'm really scared and confused because, i cant breath good, and i don't have insurance to go to the doctors or hospital. When i used to go to the doctors they checked me for asthma and they said that i didn't have it.
I'm not even sure what do, I'm scared. Help.

02Batmobile
08-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Don't worry. I've felt like that thousands of times. I felt like I wasn't taking in enough air. I felt like my breathing was shallow and weak. It's a classic symptom of anxiety. When you feel like that, your mind starts thinking, "What is this? Why am I feeling this way? What if this and what if that? What if I am having a heart attack? What if I am going to die?" It's a viscious cycle and could lead to a panic mode. Realize what you are feeling is a classic text-book definition of anxiety. Realize it won't hurt you and nothing bad is about to happen. Try to ride with these feelings instead of fighting them. Then try to distract yourself by doing something instead of focusing on the breathing or worrying. If you catch yourself thinking again, stop and think about something else.

Hang in there!
-James (AOL Instant Message Me!!)