PDA

View Full Version : So scary

Jmillhimes
02-07-2015, 03:22 AM
Hello. I'm a 36 year old man whose been having some issues as of late! 10 years ago, I had my first attack! I woke up trembling and unable to breathe! It caused me missory for a year! I would get chest pains become jumpy!ni started doing research, went to the hospital and had all kinds of tests done and they found nothing! Well, the attacks went away! Fast foward to about 2 years agO and I started having issues. Chest pains under stressful situations and unable to breathe with dizzy spells! The doctor put me on citalpram! I started taking it with some blood pressure pills. I was getting better and starting to feel more relaxed! Well this past December I was diagnosed with afib. My heart beat sometimes just climbs up for no reason and it got up to 200bpm! This caused my cardiologist to pull me off citalpram because he wanted to add metrolpix which controls the heart beat! He convinced me that I didn't need the meds anymore! Well since then the first couple weeks were ok! Recently I started waking up in the middle of the night with shivers, eye twitching, my back and arms feeling like there on fire, my face feeling numb! I was thinking I was having a stroke or heart attack! I feel like in going crazy! My doctor recently put me back on citalpram! I still experience these attacks at night and sometimes I get the panic feels during the day! It just feels hopeless! I start thinking maybe I have ms or something like it because of the twitching and nerve issues! I'm also wondering if pulling me off the meds just like that maybe caused issues?? I just had an attack and that's why I'm up now typing this! Could use some advice. I know nobody can diagnose me accept a doctor but talking about it and what it could be or what I may try helps me a lot

alex42
02-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Hello. I'm a 36 year old man whose been having some issues as of late! 10 years ago, I had my first attack! I woke up trembling and unable to breathe! It caused me missory for a year! I would get chest pains become jumpy!ni started doing research, went to the hospital and had all kinds of tests done and they found nothing! Well, the attacks went away! Fast foward to about 2 years agO and I started having issues. Chest pains under stressful situations and unable to breathe with dizzy spells! The doctor put me on citalpram! I started taking it with some blood pressure pills. I was getting better and starting to feel more relaxed! Well this past December I was diagnosed with afib. My heart beat sometimes just climbs up for no reason and it got up to 200bpm! This caused my cardiologist to pull me off citalpram because he wanted to add metrolpix which controls the heart beat! He convinced me that I didn't need the meds anymore! Well since then the first couple weeks were ok! Recently I started waking up in the middle of the night with shivers, eye twitching, my back and arms feeling like there on fire, my face feeling numb! I was thinking I was having a stroke or heart attack! I feel like in going crazy! My doctor recently put me back on citalpram! I still experience these attacks at night and sometimes I get the panic feels during the day! It just feels hopeless! I start thinking maybe I have ms or something like it because of the twitching and nerve issues! I'm also wondering if pulling me off the meds just like that maybe caused issues?? I just had an attack and that's why I'm up now typing this! Could use some advice. I know nobody can diagnose me accept a doctor but talking about it and what it could be or what I may try helps me a lot

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. It sucks. I get it. I've had anxiety / panic attacks on and off for over 20 years. They are NOT fun. I am on Prozac and a little dose of xanax as needed. It helps, but not all the time. You are not alone. A lot of people suffer these symptoms while in the midst of an attack. Just know that it will pass. It always does.