PDA

View Full Version : xanax/alcohol?

jakob
12-19-2005, 11:07 PM
I was wondering about mixing xanax with alcohol and if you should take one or the other? etc... :arrow:

brickyard_red
12-20-2005, 05:52 AM
I've never done research on this, but I would have to say that this probably is not a good idea. I'm sure that someone else here might be able to give you more information on this though. As far as I know, it is NEVER a good idea to mix alcohol with any type of medicine. :?

Cath :)

shoe
12-20-2005, 07:29 AM
jakob, it is always recommended that you do NOT drink while taking benzodiazepines such as Xanax. Same goes for antidepressants and other medications. Talk to your doctor and they will say the same thing.

If you are thinking of taking one over the other, I would go the route of Xanax instead of alcohol because alcohol consumption has a whole host of problems that come with it, in addition to possibly causing anxiety as it withdraws from your system. Don't take Xanax more than your doctor recommends though.

pelliott
12-29-2005, 09:09 AM
I would have to agree with Shoe. Do not mix alcohol with any medications especially with xanax. Alcohol is a big contributor to making your anxiety worse and will give you other problems down the road. Stick to your medication and take it as needed.