PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else seem to have set periods of time for their anxiety

Whir35
02-03-2015, 05:12 PM
I know this might sound a bit odd but I thought I would post it in case anyone else has a similar experience so I can try and understand it. About 6 months ago, I had my first ever panic attack which I think was brought on by being run down, not sleeping enough and drinking too much on a holiday. Its a long story from there but that one panic attack has now developed into a serious anxiety / panic disorder for which I am seeking professional help.

I seem to have a base line of anxiety (which is pretty bad itself but tolerable) but then once in a while something like a work or social event will trigger an increased level of anxiety where I get really disturbing symptoms like total loss of concentration, derealisation, things going in slow motion, general panic, dizziness, disorientation, peoples faces looks funny (like minor hallucinations) and pretty much everything is difficult, its a very intense form of anxiety, but the odd thing here is that when I have what I call one of these "Major Anxiety Episodes" they always last for NINE DAYS. Like almost bang on to the day, it is always about 9 days, before I start settling down and feeling back to that base level of anxiety which I can tolerate.

Its madness, I would say I have had about 6 - 7 of these major anxiety episodes now and in almost every case they have lasted 9 days and then I start settling down. I am actually just coming out of one now. It started last Monday 26 January and like clockwork I started feeling better today. 9 days exactly.

Anyone have any similar experiences or possible explanations for this?